2. Start Of Something

Start from the beginning

As I was staring, he ran his hand through his dark hair, making me smile at how his hair looked. He seemed handsome and svelte even though he had his muscular back facing me.

Turning around, he caught me shamelessly staring. He quickly winked and glanced at me with that slightly crooked grin. He met my gaze, but with a blunt refusal to avert his gaze first. I then turned my face away and focused my eyes on my father, with my mind somewhere else.

Ugh, Paige what the fuck!?
How did you let yourself get caught!? My inner self yelled at me.

"This will soon be yours," my father said happily, looking around the company on our way to the office. I smiled gratefully and followed my father back to his office.

After an hour, I decided to leave and go home to Chloé and push her to get ready. Chloé always took a lot of time to wake up. Especially after her rough day yesterday, she would be drowning herself with remorse and tears. I had to pull her out and distract her to make her forget and cheer her up.

I walked out of the office and headed towards the elevator and clicked on the ground floor button.
As the door was about to close shut, I saw a masculine hand trying to hold it before it closed. The same guy who caught me staring walked in with a proud smile plastered on his face.

Oh, could this get any worse?

"Hey," he said, so smoothly with a smirk- smoother than the cream cheese spread on a bagel.

"I remember you. Aren't you that lady who was checking me out a while ago," he continued, teasing me with his eyes.

Great, cool.
It just did-.-

"Don't flatter yourself."
These were the only words I could come up with; my head went blank. Who would confront a lady after that? No one, but  him.

All I wanted was for the ground to open and swallow me. His arrogance still didn't discourage me from constantly admiring how devilishly handsome he looked.

If only his personality matched his looks.

"Oh man, I knew you'd say that," he laughed as he shook his head.

Okay, what?
Did he just say that I was predictable?

I tried to ignore him by making myself busy, so I took out a mirror and my red Chanel lipstick from my bag.

I mean what other way to look busy than re-apply lipstick, even though it was still good.

"There's no need to be so self-conscious or try to look good when I'm around. Don't worry you look good though," he blurted out, plain and raw.

"Uh, self-absorbed no?" I cut him off as I lowered the mirror. I looked at him irritatedly and raised my eyebrows uninterestedly.

"I was just messing around," he beamed as he winked.

"I haven't seen you here before."

"I've been here a few times, but this is the first time I see you here. You work here?"

"No, I'm his daughter."

"Oh, Harold's daughter?"

"The one and only," I said as the elevator's door opened.

"He has mentioned you several times. Been curious to meet you."

"Well, here I am," I said.

I packed the mirror and lipstick into my bag and walked quickly out of it, towards the exit door.