Love

Mari X chat

I laid in my loft bed on my stomach, listening to my music I had just bought.

I read a book I had gotten from Ayla earlier today and was absolutely obsessed with it already.

I had been laying here for over 2 hours, unmoving.

It didn't surprise me that when someone knocked at my skylight, I didn't hear the soft thuds or the calm voice call my name as they opened the skyline and entered my room.

Before I knew it, someone was leaning over top of me, their arms at either side of my shoulders, their head right beside mine.

A muffled voice said something I couldn't understand and it was only then I realized someone was here with me.

I startled, nearly screaming in surprise.

I tried to flip myself over to see who had decided to just waltz into my room and get so close to me but it wasn't working so well for me.

My headphones fell out of my ears as I continued to struggle and flip over.

The person who was on top of me was laying so close that I couldn't move and a sense of fear ran through me as I couldn't see who was on me.

They could be here to try and hurt me... they-

"Princess"

A familiar calm voice said and I paused, settling down, the fear draining from me instantly.

"Chat?"

I asked softly and felt leathery arms turn my body onto my my back and wrap around me in a warm embrace.

I was now face to face with chat and gazing into his bright emerald eyes.

I blushed red as he came closer to me.

"Tonight's a purr-fect night, no?"

I laughed at his pun and he laughed too.

"It's become a lot better now that your here."

I said with a calm tone.

I blushed madly as soon as I realize what had slipped out of my mouth and my hands covered my mouth and my face. I hid behind them as my heart was racing.

I heard a gentle laugh and felt myself being picked up and held against his chest.

"C-chat?"

I said softly and he threw me over his shoulder without s seconds notice before he climbed up to the sky light and then out of it.

I yelled, hitting his back.

"Chat! Put me down! I-I'm afraid of heights!"

I said as he laughed.

Why was that funny?!

"Close your eyes princess!"

He said as he held onto me and jumped to the roof beside my house, using his staff to propel us forwards and keep us off the ground.