Draft Mind chapter 2

Hey guys , Hamilton here. This is the 2nd chapter of Draft Mind , hope you enjoy it :)

Chapter 2 : Death’s Arrival

After a millinium had passed, inferno was under siege. The Death race, most of them turn against their sanity and rationality due to their thirst of reaping souls. Only a few family left with their sanity to live with, one of them was the Coup De Grace family. That time they had a newborn offspring just delivered, and the Inferno was not a safe place for a infant to grow, even for a Death. The family decided to send the infant to a dimension that was only known to have a barrier protecting it from harm’s way, the Human race dimension, Earth.

The mother placed the baby gently on a hell basket, the basket that can float on the lava of Inferno. The baby wasn’t named yet, so she named him , Death. ‘Named under the name of your own race, you shall conquer and bring peace to our race when the time comes , Death Coup De Grace.’ Then she left a note with it before she let it float away, saying ‘Name is Death Coup De Grace. He is an Italian. Handle with care and love.’  Said the mother. Then she gave him a farewell kiss, ‘ farewell my child, for one day we will meet and that day will be your glory’

Along the way , the child’s safety was needed to be kept. So the family merged a shadow hunter to escort the infant to its destination. Merging with the master’s blood , it will obey that master without question, it is a curse of their own race, the shadow hunter was merge with the infant’s blood, acquiring certain of its abilities.

_________________________________________

After 5 years of flowing through the river of Abyss to Earth, the infant was no longer an infant , but a 5 year old child, he grew in the basket without being awakened. This was one of the abilities of a Death. Soon he reached the river somewhere on Earth.

Beside there was a pair of young couple dating. The female couple saw a basket and picked it up. When she opened the basket, she was taken aback, the appearance of the child was half fleshed and half skeleton form with mild flames on it. But as she took him in her arms it turned into a human form.

‘ We cant possibly leave him or whatever it is , here !’ the woman argued, ‘ But you saw what it was like, a demon , it could be , my love,’ said the man. ‘ if you’re not keeping him, I will. Look he is so adorable. He even has a natural eye-lining. I think he is special,’ Al…alright, we’ll keep him ,but I will no tolerate any unnatural things,’