"Hello, I'm here to pick up my daughter". A slim, light-skinned woman flashed a smile a smile at me. She looked to be about my age, possibly a few years older. Her outfit was hidden behind the desk, but she did have a bun sitting on top of her head.

"I'm Ms.Howard, what's your daughter's name"? She asked, clicking something on the computer. "Royalty Brown". She nodded her head, typing the letters into the computer. "May I see your ID"? I sighed, digging into my pockets. "I left my wallet at home".

She shook her head, "I'm sorry sir, I can't realease her to you unless I have proof that you're one of the parents listed".

"I'm listed as her father, Christopher Brown. The other person should be my wife, Robyn Fenty or her mother, Nia Guzman". She glanced at the computer, "What's your date of birth"? I told her all of the needed information and she finally gave in and let me pick her up.

"Dadaaaaa" she screamed, running out of the classroom. I picked her up, placing kisses all over her face.

"Hey beautiful". She smiled, kissing my cheek. "Dada"? I glanced down at her, walking out of the building. "Huh"? She just smiled and said nothing. "Dada"? I looked at her again, "Yes Baby"?

"Loveeeee you". I smiled, listening to her try to say I️ love you. "I love you more Ro", I responded while strapping her into her car seat. As I got into the car, my cell phone rang.

"Hello".

"What's up"?

"Can Christian come over tonight"?

"Yeah, what's up"?

"I'm going to Miami, and I need to drop him off tonight instead of tomorrow".

"You been going out too much, damn".

She sighed, "I didn't ask for your opinion Christopher. I'll be over in like an hour".

"Alright, bye".

I sighed, hanging up the phone. Kae and I had a much better relationship, but it felt like she's been throwing Christian off on Robyn and I too much lately. We'd agreed on a week-end situation, and sometimes week days if she was busy. I had no problem with Christian coming over since he was my son, but she'd been getting a little too comfortable.

I pulled out of the parking lot, heading in the direction of the house. Royalty bobbed her head to some song on the radio, causing me to laugh. I couldn't believe how big my baby has gotten, making me fall in love a little more everyday. She had this personality that was already so big and it amazed me how much she still had to learn.

Though it came with so many sacrifices, I wouldn't change a thing about becoming a father. I had started my own legacy with my own two seeds, and I was more than thankful to watch them sprout into amazing human beings.

I was learning so much shit day by day, teaching myself from my own mistakes. I often wondered why men missed out on the most amazing experience of becoming a father. I grew up in a one parent home, which lead to a lot of unnecessary shit. My dad was never there, though he had a son with so much talent.

Talent shows, art-showcases, dance battles, the only supporter I ever had was my mama. A woman can teach a boy somethings, but it takes a man to raise a man. I didn't have a man in my life, so I raised myself. I did shit without knowing the consequences and eventually dealt with it later.

I just couldn't understand the concept of leaving your own blood and flesh in a world parentless, especially when you have nothing better to do.

Once we got to the house, I changed Ro into some pajamas and let her chill in their playroom while I went over some business. I spun around in my office chair, seeing Robyn walk down the hall, wearing one of my oversized t-shirts.

After she did whatever she did, she came into the office and sat on my lap. "What are you doing"? I clicked one of emails, showing her some of my shipment details. "Just making sure all of the new equipment will be shipped out in a timely manner".

She smiled, kissing my jaw bone. "My business man". I smiled, reading over some other unnecessary shit. "You gone start dinner, I'm hungry as hell". She smacked her lips, "Yes, fat ass. I just went to take all of the ingredients out".

"I'm not fat, just want a good ass meal tonight". She smirked, "I got something else you can eat". I placed my hand on her inner thigh, gripping it. "I could, but Ro's wide awake in the other room and Christian is on his way". She shrugged, "Too bad". She kissed my lips, smiling as she left the office.

••

"How the fuck do you order a cream suit and everybody else magically orders white". Michael smacked his lips, while everybody capped on his ass.

"I didn't even think about, I wish y'all would just shut the fuck up about it now". I laughed, sipping on my drink. "My nigga Cam gone be locked down forever, starting in about 5 days". He smirked, running his hand through his dreads. "I'm already locked down, she been my wife before the engagement".

Trell, Michael, Jayceon, Roland, and I were all chilling at this after hour spot, drinking and playing pool. Everybody had a lot of shit going on, so we just wanted to chill out tonight.

"I'm so fucking tired, these double shifts been kicking my ass lately". Michael complained.
I laughed, "Nah, that child support kicking your ass".

He sighed, "It don't matter what I do, it ain't never good enough. This bitch steady going to court giving them false ass information, knowing damn well I take care of my son". Jayceon shook his head, "Tiff on the same shit, shit too fucking stressful".

"That's why I'm happy that I'm married and don't have to deal with all of that shit". Roland said, throwing a shot back. I shrugged, "Exactly".

Cam nudged my shoulder, "Nigga you ain't married".

"I basically am, ain't nobody breaking up. Too much work then went in this shit". He nodded, "I know that's right, once these rings get exchanged, it's forever".

Couldn't believe how much these niggas grew up. Roland was happily married, going on his third child. Cam was getting married in a few days and probably was going to start a family soon.

Michael was a good father to his son, but had issues with his baby mama. He had just started this good ass job and got a new place. Jayceon had three kids with his ex and was looking into a few places to open his own shoe store.

And then there was me, a father of two and a new business owner. The best was yet to come.

•••••

I KNOW I'VE BEEN MIA, BUT IM BACK AND IM BETTER.

Hope you enjoyed chapter one of Robyn to Rihanna.