Chapter 30 ~ This Year Could Be The Last For The New Directions

So you may freak out over the chapter title.
THIS STORY IS NOT ENDING YET! IT'S JUST I LIKE DRAMA AND WHAT HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER WILL ADD DRAMA TO THIS STORY AND DO SOMETHING GLEE HAS NEVER DONE BEFORE which is the end of the New Directions...not yet though
Don't cry but just enjoy this

---------------------------------------------------

She tucked a strand of her short brown hair behind her. She's let it grow out lately with it down going just past her shoulders, rather than when she first moved to Lima and it just rested on her shoulders.
She was finally going home today after a few days in a hospital recovering from the incident. She still had the stitches on her hair line. She lightly brushed her fingers over it as she studied her reflection in the hospital room bathroom.
"Ready to go, Rye?" A voice calls out form the actual hospital room. Ryley looks in the reflection again then sees in the corner of the mirror Rachel, looking at her while waiting for a reply. Rachel's had a few days off from NYADA to check up on Ryley.
"Yeah. I'm ready to get back to normal life." Ryley says with a small sigh.
Rachel smiles softly and leaves the hospital room.
Ryley looks at the girl she sees in the mirror last time; their are dark circles under her eyes from a lack of sleep since whenever she closes her eyes, she sees the evil smirk she saw on Tyler's face that night. Her hoodie is the Ryder's black, blue, grey and white one which is always warm.
She then takes a deep breath and exits the hospital bathroom, walking through the room she's spent her time for the last couple of days then joins Rachel to head to the car to get home.

---------------------------------------------

After a day of settling back into normal life, Regionals practice begins immediately.
"We have some news to tell you all." Finn says to the Glee Club in the auditorium during rehearsals. Will, who has returned early from his trip away, is standing next to Finn. They don't look happy but they don't look angry too.
"What is it?" Joe asks.
"If we lose a competition this year, Glee Club is over for good." Will says.
"What?" Most of the Glee Club say.
"Why?" Ryley asks.
"Well, Figgins is starting to cut out some programs so if we lose, Glee Club will be cancelled. This is possibly the last year of the New Directions if we lose at Regionals and Nationals if we make it there." Finn explains.
The Glee Club are all completely devastated.
"Well, it is my last year." Sugar says with shrug.
"But this is only my second year technically. Glee has helped me so much," Ryley says, standing up from a seat on a stool, "It's helped all of us show our talents. I really was hoping to finish school knowing I was apart of a club for my entire time at this school. Not just for over a year."
"Sorry but Figgins is cutting Glee Club if he doesn't get proved that it's a worthy club to keep." Will says.
"This is just like when I was in Glee Club; we were the under dogs, the forgotten club. We were at risk of losing the club but we had people fight for it. We almost lost it at the end of sophomore year and at the end of junior year. I will fight to have the New Directions compete next year though. No matter what." Finn explains.
"I've already tried." Will says.
"This sucks." Elliot says.
"Totally." Benny says.
Ryley sighs and looks around everyone in the auditorium who she has grown to love; there's Ryder, Marley, Kitty, Jake, Joe, Sugar, Unique, Benny, Angie, Gabe, Blake, Natalie and Elliot. She loves all of them like her family, even if she doesn't really talk to them a lot. She'd hate to see it all of them get taken away from her because Figgins is cutting them.

------------------------------------------------------

Regionals comes quickly. Rachel's still in town so she joins the Glee Club to their destination which is being held at Carmel High in Akron, Ohio.
They wait in the backstage room that's assigned to them and they get their outfits finalised. With the budget cuts at McKinley, they're wearing the same outfits worn at the Sectionals in 2009; the girls wearing black dresses with red waist bands and the guys wearing black dress pants, black short sleeve button up shirts and red ties.
"I remember wearing these." Rachel says, studying the outfits while she helps Ryley with fixing up her make up. Ryley wants to cover up the scar on her hair line and the dark circles under eyes.
"That's quite a long time ago now that you think about." Ryley says.
"Four years. Back then, we were underdogs. We were the most unpopular club in school. Nobody liked us even though we did have four football guys and three cheerleaders in the club. I sung Don't Rain On My Parade at that competition. We were so happy to have won back then." Rachel says with a smile at the memory.
"Now look at this club; we're two time National winners, majority of the original club have graduated and we're popular." Ryley says.
"But you guys could be cancelled." Rachel says.
"I'm thinking positive; as long as we win Regionals today and go onto win Nationals, we'll be able to keep the club. If we don't..." Ryley trails off.
"Don't ruin your make up by crying, okay Rye?" Rachel says, fixing up the make up a bit more on Ryley's face.
"I'm not it's just Glee Club as changed my life. I have a great boyfriend who is supporting me even though I'm kind of a mess with what I've been through, I have amazing friends, a cousin who I never knew I had, an awesome sister and people who really care for me." Ryley says.
"You should really be thanking me for dragging you to audition for Glee Club back in your first week at McKinley." Rachel says with a little laugh.
"Thank you Rachel. You changed my life." Ryley says.
Rachel smiles and gives her sister a hug, "Your welcome, Rye. Thank you for being a great little sister."
"I try my best." Ryley says.