o n e

we are the kids who absolutely hate our roommates.

my dad and i are halfway through unpacking my things when there is a knock on the door. we make eye contact and then race to the door, both of us completely done with packing. i shove him into the desk and he picks me up in response, carrying me back to the bed and plopping me down onto it. i try to grab his elbow as he runs to the door, but i'm a moment too late.

"hello!" my dad pulls open the door with a little too much force and it bounces off the wall, almost slamming shut in my new roommate's face. i wince. "shit, my bad guys."

"it is 'your bad'," comes a rather snooty sounding voice from the other side of the door. it must be agatha's dad. "may we come in, or are we going to have the door slammed in our faces again?"

"oh, uh, by all means, come in," my dad steps aside, welcoming them into the room with a nod and a nervous smile. 

i sit up on the bed and attempt to fix my hair as they walk in. my stomach churns as i realize that my worst fear has been realized. agatha is worse than her facebook profile made it seem.

agatha is a little taller than i am, and wearing an outfit designed entirely by victoria's secret. her yoga pants, windbreaker, and hairband all show off the vs logo. i'm suddenly self conscious of my thrift store bought jeans and one of the few name brand shirts i had gotten as a christmas present. 

she places her hands on her hips and looks around the room. "what makes you think you're keeping the window side of the room?"

i stand up and cross my arms, fully prepared to battle to the death for my side of the room.

"if you would have shown up on time, you would have gotten it," i smile at her. "but, my bed's already made, my posters are up, my stuff is in the closet... sorry."

my dad winks at me, and i smile back at him. 

lolololol ok so the roommate that this character is based off of was a girl who i was best friends with for 3 years & then we roomed together and now i can't stand her. she's also transferring schools after this semester is over, i'm laughing omg i have to go okay  b y e