Loved You Once... A Diggy Simmons Love Story (1]

Ashli’s PoV

So this is it. I was standing outside of this beautiful mansion. After five long years of being separated from my best friends, I was finally going to see them again. I was beginning to feel very anxious and many questions raced through my mind. Did they change? Would they remember me? How would they react to seeing me? Suddenly a car driving down the street loudly honked its horn, snapping me from my thoughts in the process. I sighed then reached up to knock on the door. Here goes nothing. Before my fist could touch the door, it swung open and revealed a very pretty girl with long brown hair, fair olive skin, and grey eyes. “Uh, hi”, she said, “Do I, uh, know you?” she asked. “Uh, I’m looking for Jessica.” She looked at me with a puzzled stare for a few more seconds then her eyes widened. “Ashli?” “Yeah?” “Oh my gosh! Look at you, girl!” “Haha, look at you!” “Come in, come in! I’m so glad you made it!” “Happy you invited me.” I was ecstatic. Jessica and I were best friends until her family moved down here to Miami. We were friends since we met at the park and since then we’ve been inseparable, until she moved the summer of seventh grade. Her brother Daniel, her, and I were always together and had the greatest, most unforgettable times.

So we stood there talking for what seemed like hours, reminiscing on old times, until a boy walked up to us. He was light-skinned with light brown eyes, and I must say, he looked good. “Hey Jess”, he greeted Jessica. “Who’s this?” he asked turning and referring to me. “Oh! This is an old friend of mine from way back when” she said, emphasizing ‘way back when’. “So what’s your name sweetheart?” he asked taking my free hand, that wasn’t holding my Dr.Pepper. “Ashli” I replied while smiling sheepishly. “Ah, a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.” He said smoothly while kissing my hand. I could feel my cheeks flushing and shyly responded, “Thank you. And may I ask what your name is?” “It’s Khalil, but you can call me anytime you want.” He said while winking. “C’mon Lil’, she just got here and you’re already hitting on her. Perv.” “What are you talking about?” he asked innocently and winking at me again. I giggled while Jessica rolled her eyes. “You know what I’m talking about!” “I’m just trying to be nice and make a new friend!” “Well, go make friends with someone else!” “You don’t tell me what to do!” “Hey Jess!” Their arguing was interrupted when another boy came running up to Jessica. He had black hair and mysterious black eyes to match. “Yeah Aar?” I looked at Jess whose eyes suddenly light up. “Can you help me with something outside?” “Sure!” he grabbed her hand and began to lead her to I guess was the backdoor before she quickly turned around and said, “Oh, before I forget…Aaron, this is Ashli. Ashli, this is Aaron.” She said cheerily, smiling, and pointing between the two of us. “Nice to meet you.” He said holding his hand out. “Likewise,” I replied, lightly shaking it. Then, he and Jessica walked off.

“So Ashli?” ‘Yes Khalil?” “How did you find out about this party? I mean, I've never really seen you around school and Jessica said you were friends from a long time ago so…” “Oh well, Jessica told me about it. Yeah, we were friends before she moved down here and no I don’t go to your school. At least not yet. I just moved down here.” “Cool. So I guess I’ll be seeing more of you?” “You will.” “So how did you guys become friends?” “Well…”

*Flashback*

Third Person’s PoV

-Age two

“Hey you!” “Me?” “Yeah, do you guys wanna play with me?” the little girl with her brown pigtails on either side of her head looked at her twin brother with thick black wavy hair questioningly then they both ran over to the see-saw, joining the other girl, the girls on both sides and the boy in the middle. After playing on the swings, slide, and in the sandbox, the three children’s parents called them over, informing them it was time to go home. The three youngsters all reluctantly walked over to their parents. Before they all sauntered off they all ran back and met in the middle with the girl who came by herself instructing them to come back to the park next weekend. And from then on all three would meet up at the park every Saturday afternoon.