She sighed but nodded, he guided her to the bar, where Hayley and Elijah were conversing about the recent developments.

"These vampires are ancient, how is Marcel supposed to beat one of them?" Hayley had asked Elijah, Rhea had seen the look on the hybrids face when Marcel had been made aware of the true nature of tonight's events, she was not happy.

"With guile, courage, perhaps a bit of trickery... Admittedly, it's a long-shot, but then, sometimes the new candidates surprise us." Tristan joined in, the two turned towards him, Elijah's eyes were instantly on Rhea, wondering what had changed her mind— she had seemed quite focused on killing Tristan just hours ago.

Tristan turned to Hayley, "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tristan de Martel, and you must be the famous Hayley Marshall-Kenner, Alpha to the Crescent wolves." He took her hand and kissed it softly. Hayley, clearly not impressed, jerked her hand away, it didn't faze him, though.

"The pleasures all mine, I see. Elijah!" He turned to his sire, "When I sent your invitation, I didn't dare think you'd come. Tell me— as our founder and patriarch, what do you make of our latest candidate?"

"Well, let me see. Marcel... He's arrogant. He's stubborn. Prone to self-aggrandisement. He should fit in perfectly!" The sarcasm in Elijah's voice was something that wasn't heard often, only a chosen few knew just how sarcastic Elijah could really be.

"They must get that from their sire." Rhea teased, Elijah rolled his eyes at Rhea but a smirk did creep on to his features.

"If he survives." Tristan alerted Elijah, upon seeing Hayley's angry glare in direction, he asked, "I take it Mr. Gerard is a friend of yours?"

"Mmmhmm, we're friends... And, even if we weren't, I don't much like bullies." Her eyes slightly glazed over to Rhea, she couldn't one hundred percent believe that Rhea was here of her own accord, and was almost adamant her meeting with Tristan hadn't gone well on her part.

"A bully? My dear, you barely know me." He paused, he had seen her glance over to Rhea in concern, "And rest assured, Rhea would never come to any harm in my presence. Allow me to remedy this, in doing so, I can explain our methods." He held out his hand, an invitation to dance, both Hayley and Elijah looked at him warily.

"Please, just one dance. If it's not an intrusion." Hayley and Elijah shared a look before the former sighed, taking a long sip of champagne. Elijah smiled with fake politeness at Tristan, "Why, of course."

Hayley reluctantly took Tristan's hand, allowing him to lead her to the dance floor. As soon as they were out of sight, Elijah raised a questioning brow.

"Spare me the overprotective dad lecture, Elijah. I haven't had a parent in a thousand years, I don't need one now."

He merely chuckled at her statement, shaking his head at her stubbornness.

"I'm simply looking out for your best interests, Rhea. Clearly, you didn't go through with your plan. What changed your mind?" He inquired, curiosity cursing through his body.

"If you must know." She grabbed a new glass on champagne, taking a sip from it, "It was your psycho ex-lover, Aya, who got my brother killed. I'm going to kill her, sooner or later. And as for the vampire who actually killed my brother?" She leant up to whisper into Elijah's ear, "He's not going to be alive by the end of the night." She pulled back, swigging the rest of her drink, leaving Elijah at the bar.