“Cayden and I are taking the boys to the movies tonight. The drive-thru is playing The Lion King, so we’re going to watch it. I-, “I started to say but stopped suddenly, my eyes shooting down to Daddy’s hand between mine.

His hand had moved, but as I watched it, nothing happened. I sighed, realizing it must have been my imagination. Just as I was about to continue talking, his hand moved again. I gasped, my eyes shooting up to Daddy’s face. His eyes were cracked open and his mouth was opening and closing.

“Daddy!” I practically screamed, reaching over to hit the button to summon the nurse, all without taking my eyes off my dad.

“Water,” he croaked.

I jumped up, grabbing the pitcher of water from his bedside table. I poured some in the cup and quickly brought the cup to Daddy’s lips. He took a couple long pulls from it before moving his head back, just as Jeremy entered the room.

“Jere! He’s awake!” I yelled happily, seeing Jeremy return my smile.

As Jeremy checked out Daddy, I stepped out of the room, pulling my phone from my pocket. I called Mom first, who sounded like I had woken her up. She said she was on her way and I could hear Chloe and Kyle in the background yelling, trying to find the keys. I hung up and called Talon, Easton, Rox, Tristan, Liam, Tegan, James, and Cayden. I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that Daddy was awake.

“Everything looks fine Marc. You’ll need some physical therapy, but you’ll be just fine in a couple months,” Jeremy said as I walked back in the room.

“Thank you Jeremy,” Daddy said, his voice sounding better than before.

“Everyone’s on their way,” I said as I walked to Daddy’s side.

Jeremy flashed me a smile before saying bye to the two of us and walking out.

I turned back to Daddy with tears in my eyes. I couldn’t believe he was finally awake, after all this time. He still looked banged up but he wasn’t anywhere near as bad as when I first saw him. He was now sitting up and he had color in his face. I couldn’t have been happier.

“I’m so glad you’re awake, Daddy,” I managed to choke out through the tears.

“Don’t cry baby. You know I hate to see my baby cry. Come here,” Daddy said, holding his arms out for me. I leaned forward, relaxing into his comforting embrace.

“I’ve missed you Daddy,” I said, my voice muffled by his shirt.

“I’ve missed you too baby. We’ll talk later. I have a feeling the room will be very packed here in a few minutes,” he answered, kissing the top of my head.

Sure enough, seconds after he said that, the door opened and Mom, Chloe, and Kyle rushed in. I started to get up but Daddy pulled me back so I made myself comfortable in the space next to him. Soon after, Talon came running in with Easton, Nikki, and Jayson right behind him. Tristan, Rox, Tegan, and Liam arrived not long after. Finally, James and Cayden walked into the room, each with a twin on their hip. Well, Cain was sitting on James’ hip while Cayden was cuddling a sleeping Asher to him. Asher’s head was snuggled into the crook of Cayden’s neck.

“Mommy!” Cain yelled when he saw me, wiggling in James’ arms to be out down.

I held my arms out for my baby, a soft smile on my face, as James walked closer to hand him to me.

“Hi baby. Have you been having fun with Daddy and Uncle James?” I asked as I settled my baby boy in my lap.

“Uh-huh. We were playing cars!” Cain answered, nodding his head enthusiastically.

“Wow! Sounds like fun baby,” I exclaimed, eyes locked on my son.

Cain nodded, leaning against me. I smiled at him, rubbing his back soothingly. He was tired, that much was obvious. It was about time for his nap and I had no doubt that he would be fast asleep within minutes.

“Wow,” Daddy breathed softly, his voice startling me out of my own little world. I had forgotten about the other people in the room, my concentration focused on my angel in my arms.

“You’ve grown up so much baby. You really are a mom,” Daddy said, giving me a soft, tender smile.

“You knew that already Daddy,” I replied, continuing to rub my sons back. Cain adjusted in my arms and I could feel his breathing even out, indicating he was asleep.

“Yes, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen you with them. It’s amazing to watch you interact with your son, baby,” Daddy answered, carefully wrapping his arm around me in a hug. It was kind of awkward seeing as how I had one arm wrapped around Cain and he had Jayson in his lap.

I returned the hug, my eyes roaming the room. Everyone was watching me with the same tender, loving look in their eyes. It was times like these that I truly appreciated my family and was grateful for them being here. I returned their smiles, before glancing down at my son. Cayden was standing beside me, Asher still fast asleep in his arms. I reached a hand out and softly rubbed my other baby’s back. These two little angels were my life now and I don’t know what I would do without them.

“Why don’t you take them home and get them in their beds?” Daddy asked after a minute.

“I don’t want to leave you Daddy. You’ve just woken up,” I protested, shaking my head.

“I’m not going anywhere, baby. You need to get them in their beds. Come back later when they’re awake so I can see my youngest grandsons. It’s okay baby, you can go,” Daddy reassured me, gently pushing me to my feet.

“Okay Daddy. I’ll see you later. I love you,” I said, adjusting Cain in my arms so I could lean down and hug him.

“Bye baby. I love you too,” he replied.

“I’ll be having a talk with you later Cayden. Stop by before the night’s over,” Daddy said as I swiped my bag from the floor.

“Yes sir,” Cayden answered, nodding his head, looking nervous.

I walked around the room, hugging everyone, telling them I’d see them later. Then I walked out of the room with Cayden in tow.

“Wait. James, will you drive my truck back? It makes no sense for Cayden and I to take separate vehicles. We’re going to the same place,” I said, popping my head back in the room.

“Of course Kenz,” James answered, catching the keys I tossed to him.

“Thank you,” I smiled, turning back to head to the elevator.

Cayden and I gently put the boys in their car seats, strapping them in. They stirred slightly before relaxing against their car seats once more. I climbed into the passenger seat, turning around to watch my sons as they slept. Cayden started the truck and pulled out of the parking spot, heading towards Tristan’s house.

“Do you still want to take them tonight or should we wait?” Cayden asked after a minute, turning to look at me.

“Let’s take them. We’ve already told them we were going and, even though they don’t really understand what’s going on, I hate to lie to them,” I answered.

“I was hoping you’d say that,” he said, giving me the smile that’s always melted my heart.

I flashed him a quick smile before turning to look out the window. Being around Cayden was hard, especially when he gave me that smile. I still loved him, but I knew I couldn’t let myself go down that road again. Every time I’d feel myself getting closer to him, an image of him and Ashley in his bed would flash through my head, breaking my heart all over again.

I sighed. Tonight was really going to test my strength.

_______________________________________________________________________

Here you go. Here's chapter 14. I'm sorry if it's short but I didn't want to run into the next part. Next will be them taking the boys to the movies and we'll also meet a new character.

Oh, I'm starting a new story that I should have up within a couple of days. It''s called Keeping You A Secret. It would mean a lot if you would check it out and comment when I post it =)