Chapter 17: Our future? (Luna pov)

~~~~~~~~
I could feel my heart beat faster as I looked at him. Draco had made it very hard not to love him. I didn't love him, but I could feel myself falling. He was just so perfectly perfect in every way.

Three days had passed since I told Draco to give me a week to choose. My heart knew what I wanted, Draco. However, my mind was telling me not to trust a man ever again and that Draco wasn't an exception. I was in complete turmoil, and I only had four days left to make my decision. I was confused about what I really needed, not wanted.

Did I need Draco? Or did I need to prove to myself that I could be strong? Both I guess, but either way I couldn't do both. That's what made it so hard. That and the fact that Malfoy really did fill the emptiness inside of me, he made me feel whole again.

I peeked back at him from across the room, he was staring at me. My heart fluttered a little. I looked forward quickly and worked on my lesson. The classroom was quiet, the only sound that could be heard was the scratching of quill on parchment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
An hour later Draco and I parted ways. I went to muggle studies and he went to divination. I had to study muggle cell phones while he was probably getting his death predicted. At least I didn't have to take that class anymore. Despite my previous loony demeanor, I wasn't really so loony as to believe in divination. It was somewhat true but only just so.

After muggle studies I went up to the divination classroom for detention. I still had four days of it, the same number of days that I had to make my decision. Draco was sitting at our normal desk waiting for me. Professor Trelawney was nowhere in sight.

"So how was class?" I tried starting a conversation.

"Alright, the professor kept giving me strange looks though."

"That's why I don't take this class, because one moment you will be finding a leprechaun hat in tea dregs, the next you will be predicting your own death."

"You're not to far off. Almost spot on actually."

"Yeah, another reason I don't take this class is because professor Trelawney is too-" I was cut off by the sound of the door opening.

She walked in looking a bit dazed, her eyes not quite focusing.Then she walked into a desk and fell, I think that she had probably been hitting the sherry pretty hard. She giggled and got back up, her legs wobbling as she did so. I laughed a little, and she turned her head toward us. She looked at me and pointed a shaky hand "You! You're the unbeliever, aren't you? Tell me, do you believe in a glass of sherry occasionally?"

I have absolutely no idea why she asked me that question. I obviously didn't drink on school grounds but she was drunk...

"Sure... I think you believe in more than a glass and quite more frequently. So why don't you sit down? Maybe Draco and I could forget about doing this detention?"

You couldn't blame me for trying, I hated her classroom. It smelled like, well sherry obviously, scented candles, strong tea, smoke, and very strong perfume. The heat was unbearable and the room was way to cluttered for me. I wanted to leave ASAP.

"No-hiccup-Laco I think you should stay. I feel funny..-hiccup." She turned a really pale color and looked like she was about to hurl.

I steeped back a few paces, praying that she wasn't good at projectile. However she began speaking in an eerie voice, with her eyes closed.

"Take heed in the father who has no living soul, he will stop at nothing to keep his line pure. The son shall reap what he sows in twos, but only if his love is sure. Do not stray from the heart-lead path, for the mind can be mislead. Cross on hallowed ground carefully, only go where the ground has been tread. Beware of red because it is not an accepting color. Keep in mind that snakes too can have valor."

Draco and I sat there almost as trace-like as the professor. Trelawney was too drunk to be serious or play that kind of joke. Besides as soon as she stopped speaking her head fell gently onto her desk and she started snoring, loudly.
I didn't want to accept that it had been real, but it seemed like there was no other explanation.

She had just predicted my, his, our future. And it sounded pretty jacked up to. We had a lot to look forward to.

"D-did you get all that? I remember some..." I asked, still in shock.

"Yeah, I remember what she said."

We wrote down the prophecy and left detention early. There was no point in staying with a sleeping, drunk teacher. So we walked to our common room, not speaking. We were both caught up in our own thoughts about whatever the hell that was.

When we walked through our portrait we sat down on the sofa. I got out a couple textbooks, ready to do homework. I stared at the same line for ten minutes, I couldn't concentrate. I kept thinking of what the professor said. I looked over at Draco, he was staring into the fire, watching the flames curl and flicker.

"Draco? Did she really just predict our future."

He looked away from the flames and told me "Yes, I think she did. That was our future, the snake? Thats gotta be me.That's us, it has to be."

I didn't know how to respond, I wasn't sure what our futures had to do with each other. Maybe they were intertwined somehow. I also wasn't sure if our future was good or bad. She spoke in riddles. That's why I hated divination.
~~~~~~~~~~~later~~~~~~~~~~
Draco's soft breathing was tickling my cheek. In and out, in and out. But unlike him I couldn't sleep. I was still thinking about our future. What could it mean? And I thought about what I would tell him. Yes or no? Could I allow myself to be his? To devote myself to him?

Laying there, snuggled up to Draco, is where I found my answer. Yes I could be his, in fact I knew that I would be. I did feel something for him and I would make sure to let him know tomorrow. I wanted him to love me, I wanted to be his girl.