Chapter 5: Classes and House Unity

~~~~~~~~

I woke in the morning with a feeling of excitement, classes were starting! This time I actually had friends to keep me company, unlike my first four years at Hogwarts. Last year, when Snape was headmaster and fun didn't exist anymore, I grew up. Specifically I grew out of fake creatures, I got my head out of the clouds.

During that time Neville comforted me, and that's when I fell for him and I fell hard. But now school had only been in session for a day and Draco, I mean Malfoy, kept invading my thoughts...

To break my thought chain I finally did get up and start putting on my clothes. At that time I heard my door open and Malfoy came in.

"Luna! When are you going to get..." He stopped when he saw me half clothed, he closed his eyes and walked so quickly out of the room if I had blinked I would have missed it. In a way it hurt that he didn't like what he saw. Woah! Where did that thought come from?

I finished getting dressed and peeked through my door to see if he was there. Malfoy must have left because I didn't see him. I went down the steps and walked out of my common room. When I finally reached the great hall, I gasped. There were not four house tables, there were several smaller tables that had a spot for two people from each house. This must've been an attempt at house unity, well it was working with everyone but the slytherins, they were standing in a group by themselves glaring at the new seating arrangement.

Suddenly I found myself looking for Malfoy. Why was I looking for him? I should have been avoiding him after this morning.

Who I should have been looking for is Neville. Yeah, I did love him and want to win him back, but I didn't have a chance that day. I spotted him, sitting with a full table. My chance with him was gone because I didn't know who Ravenclaws had class with, and both Ravenclaw placemats at Neville's table were filled.

I finally saw Malfoy at the back alone... Why wasn't he with the group of Slytherins?

I found an empty table towards the back, and after ten minutes of trying to get Malfoy's attention, I finally waved him over. He came over to sit by me witha greatful look on his face.

"Thanks for letting me sit here. You know... after what happened this morning... I thought you would be mad," He said.

"No, of course not, it was an accident. Besides, I was only a little bit embarrassed, um how much did you see anyway?" As soon as I said it I wanted to take back the last part.

He is cheeks reddened and he opened his mouth, only to close it again.

"Erm, not much I mean. You had your pants on..." He said, finally looking me in the eye.

Well, I had myself covered pretty well so it should be okay... Well not unless he told his Slytherin buddies. Well he was probably not be on good terms with them so maybe not. Neville would never have walked in on me, well maybe not.

The rest of breakfast was ate in silence until Malfoy said, "Luna what classes do you have? I have herbology 1st, potions 2nd, transfiguration 3rd, charms 4th, astronomy 5th, care of magical creatures 6th and divination 7th."

Oh. My. Gosh.

"We have all but divination together I have muggle studies instead," I said.

Why did we have to have all our classes together? I didn't need someone one to distract me from winning Neville back. I mean it was going to be hard enough anyways.

We walked to class together but I tried to not to sit with him. My efforts were useless though, when I saw that the classroom desks were set up exactly like the breakfast tables. Once again I had to sit with him.

He hardly spoke, he just diligently wrote notes, like a good little Slytherin. Haha the good side of Malfoy had been showing but I didn't know if I was convinced.

After class was over Malfoy walked with the other Slytherins and I was left alone. He sent one fleeting glance my way before catching up with them. He was probably telling them all about the incident that had hapened in the morning. So much for mister nice guy. I looked around to see if there was anyone else I knew, but no one I cared to walk with was around.

So once again, like the first fours years at Hogwarts, I was alone...

A/N:Would you like it if I did a Draco P.O.V? I think it would be fun. And please don't be shy readers, vote and comment. Danielle Malfoy XOXO