S⃟⠀A⃟⠀T⃟⠀I⃟⠀S⃟⠀F⃟⠀A⃟⠀C⃟⠀T⃟⠀I⃟⠀O⃟⠀N⃟

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀⠀"We can be happy together without killing anyone, Mika! Please... just stop doing this... I can't lose anyone else... I won't have any reason to live knowing I let someone else I love die... please..."

⠀⠀⠀"You still have Shinoa, Mitsuba, and me, Yuu-chan—!"

⠀⠀⠀"What? So you can go and murder them, too?" Yuichiro growled, snapping his sharp emerald gaze towards the blond, teeth clenching and rage boiling within the olive flames of his eyes. Mikaela remained silent at those words, his head spinning and vision blurring slightly. The knife in his hand trembled for a brief moment before the weapon stilled, the owner of the blade slowly rising to his feet and beginning to make his way towards the tear-filled, angered raven.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela flipped the blade between his fingers as if attempting to intimidate the two around him, and he was rather proud of himself when he received a reaction from the dark-haired male. Standing in front of Yuichiro, Mikaela smiled sickeningly sweetly, a gesture that made the raven begin to mentally pray for his life and anxiously tremble. "Oh, Yuu-chan," Mikaela purred softly, bending down onto his knees and watching Yuichiro as he began to inch away, fear radiating off of him and terror written over his face. "Perhaps we can do this differently, yeah? Instead of killing Kimizuki, I'll kill you instead. No one will be able to have you then, right? Then, I'll kill myself and we can be together forever... only us... you and me... no one else..."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro's blood went cold, cheeks paling at the words leaving the blond's lips ever-so calmly. He couldn't breathe; it was too difficult to— his trembling grew out of control to the conclusion he didn't have the authority to move his limbs any longer. A strangled scream escaped his lips, a yowl so pursued of overwhelming fear that it even made Mikaela wince in surprise. "No... no! Stay away from me, you monster!" Unsuccessfully, Yuichiro tried to scoot away, only to hit his spine forcefully into a wall, apartment walls rumbling behind him.

⠀⠀⠀A groaning occurred from behind Mikaela, and the blond rotated his frame to meet the severely injured Kimizuki barely breathing as he tried to rise to his legs. "Mik-Mikaela."

⠀⠀⠀"What is it now? Asking for a death wish?"

⠀⠀⠀"A negotiation," Kimizuki muttered breathlessly, lungs wheezing as he coughed violently. A shimmering of delight reflected off of Mikaela's fire-burning, oceanic gaze, and the male let out an airy scoff. He murmured a gnashing, "I'm listening." The amber-eyed male caught his breath, tan hands reaching down to cover his bleeding wounds the best he could manage. He let out a choking gurgle. "Yuichiro deserves his life more than anything... so, please... I'd rather you kill me... and allow him the chance to live..."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro gasped, whipping his attention towards the dying man. "Wait—"

⠀⠀⠀"Quite a bargain," Mikaela chuckled darkly, running his tongue over his bottom lip, pupils running over Yuichiro's astonished and desperate face. "Are you sure you want to risk your own life for the sake of him?"

⠀⠀⠀"Yes," Kimizuki wheezed without hesitation.

⠀⠀⠀"No... Kimizuki, no... why?" Yuichiro whimpered, knees knocking together as he left his mouth ajar, breathing in shutters as he tried to control his lungs. "You don't need to do this. We can all get through this... We can all live... You don't need to die for someone as useless as me, Kimizuki!" A sob slipped off of the raven's tongue as clear liquid began to descend from him pale cheeks, sclera drowning in tears. "Mika! Please, stop!"

⠀⠀⠀By then, Kimizuki was crying, quiet sobs leaving his lips; but it wasn't from the pain, no, his physical urgencies no longer mattered— he would be dead soon, anyway, right? He was breaking down with the fact he would get to see his beloved lover. He would get to finally see the brunet with a smile pursing his features, not the lifeless, dull expression of surprise when he was brutally murdered. He would see the golden halo and pure white wings above and attached to him as he opened his arms for an embrace they've been patiently waiting for for more than ten years.