Chapter fifteen: goodbye

Sam's P.O.V

I decided not to go home. I decided to drive to Rex's house. I needed to talk to him. With Brandon coming back and me wanting to go to college. It made me decide on something very big. I might regret it. But I had to. For everyone's sake.

I parked my car in his drive way, then made my way to his front door. I knocked on it a few times, the Rex answered.

"We need to talk." I said, then walked inside.

"What about?" Rex asked folding his arms over his chest.

"About me moving away. I think you and Henry should stay. I think I just need so,e time to be alone. To experience stuff I didn't get to do. I feel like you and Henry and bounding me here. I don't want to stay here! I want a education! I want to become a teacher! I can't do that when you both rely on me. I'm gonna go alone, then I'm gonna come back and get Henry. Then I'll be moving away. I can't stay with you, Rex. I need to be alone. Okay?" I said.

"Umm...umm... Yeah. Sure." He said breathlessly.

"Okay. Well my flight is tomorrow. I'll drop Henry off later today." I said.

I left with noticing else to say. I drove to Daniella's house and picked up Henry. I took him out to the park and then he and I went and got some ice cream. When I got home I started to pack. Tomorrow I would start over. There's no turning back.

I sat down with Henry. I needed to tell him. Although he might not understand, it is best for both of us. I'll have a job and then I'll come back. I love Henry more than my entire existence. If I'm gonna be Henry's mother, I need a job. I need to get my life together. And I need to be able to live a bit before I settle down and become a mom.

"Henry, mommy will be gone for a bit. But I'll come back for you. You and I will still talk. And just remember, I will always love you. Okay?" I said, then started to cry.

"Okay. I love you too mommy." He said. "Can we watch a movie before you go?"

"Yeah. Let's watch a movie, honey." I said.

When the movie was over I put Henry in his car seat, threw all his bags in my car, then drove to Rex's house. I whispered I love you, then gave him to Rex.

This wasn't goodbye, it's see you later.