chapter one; kenzie

slipping into my gray knitted cardigan, i walked over to my bed and picked up my bag. pulling it over my shoulder, i just made my way out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

sitting down at the counter, i await for my breakfast. at the stove, i saw my mom scrambling around and trying to not burn the food. her expression contained hilarious faces that i couldn't help but laugh at.

still kinda smiling, i took out my phone and plugged my earphones into my ears. playing my music, i started to silently jam out to my music.

feeling a gentle tap on my back, i turned back. seeing my dad, a sly grin perked on my lips and hugged him.

"good morning hun," he said, while he took his seat besides me. taking a sip from his coffee, he kept his eyes on me.

"g'morning." i responded. at that point, my mom had just finished and served us the breakfast. both thanking her, me and my dad started to munch on our food. axting like it was a competition, we tried to eat as fast as we could. i guess you can say competitiveness kinda runs in the family.

after finishing, my dad offered me a ride to school. but seeing the weather outside, how cold and cloudy it was, i thanked him and denied his offer. with that, i said my goodbyes and left the house.