38. Day And Night.

Start from the beginning

Picking Alexis up bridal style, I stood up. I mind linked Eric to get the best human doctor to my room as soon as possible.

Thanks to my Vampire speed, I was able to make it to my room quickly. I was proud of my staff when I noticed the doctor was already there, waiting for me. I placed Alexis' almost lifeless body on the bed and the doctor started shouting orders to his nurses.

I could tell Emma and Eric were holding back questions, but I was grateful. The thought of not knowing the answers myself angered me. I couldn't do anything but stand there by my Alexis as she just layed there with her eyes closed. She looked peaceful but I knew her insides where fighting for life. Her soul was swinging between life and death.

"What happened to her?!" Emma finally asked.

My Mind completely ignored everyone else as my only focus was on Alexis. Feeling my golden eyes appear, I turned to the doctor, "Save her. If anything happens to her, I will take the life out of you and make her drink it."

The hunger to know who did this to her made me debate if I should leave Alexis' side to go find answers. I unguarded my mind so Eric and Emma could clearly read it and know what happened.

"Let's go, Damien. The bastard can't get away, " Eric hissed, snapping me back to action. My body didn't know what to feel anymore, it seemed like I was still in shock. Every part of me didn't want to leave her side. But we didn't have time, we had to find out who stabbed Alexis. I nodded, glancing at her one more time, and then me and Eric teleported to the ball room.

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

"What do you mean you didn't find any intruder?!" the guards flinched at my furious tone. Furious? I was beyond furious. I had been receiving the same response for the past hour now. And the way they seemed to be looking at me cowardly just added salt to the wound.

I was informed nobody had gone outside ever since Alexis was stabbed, which was two hours ago. My guards had been sent to different parts of the castle in groups to find the person who was dressed exactly like me. The need to save Alexis had prevented me from looking at his face. I just remembered he was dressed like me. The red bow tie and the red vest was seen by the corner of my eyes as I jumped off the building.

His scent was hidden with that spray the Vampire hunters invented. It takes about a day for the scent to reappear as the effect of the spray fades away. All the guests presented in the ballroom didn't have their scent hidden, so it wasn't one of them.
"Find the dagger. I don't care if you have to flip the castle upside down, if you want to live to see another day, you will find the dagger." I looked at the group of guards to my left, they quickly nodded and dissappeared.

I heard murmuring among the crowd. They had been told everything about the situation, but I really didn't see any reason why they had to discuss it with each other.

"Silence!" Eric demanded them. They quickly obeyed because there were only commoners attending the party, no royals.

No royals.

There weren't any royals here except Emma and me.

Then what was this strong scent I've been smelling for some time now? I had smelled it on Alexis earlier. The man clearly didn't know that royal scents can be hidden, but not entirely. Me being a royal gave me an advantage, my senses were stronger than my guards.