6. Vampires

"It's okay to be a glowstick; sometimes we need to break before we shine."

-Anonymous.

______________________________________

A/N

I realize that there are 2 parts missing, it is simple because I decided to take those events out of the story when I published the book. Please ignore the "jump" from chapter 3 to 6, I will have to go back and fix it at some point. Too lazy right now. Anywho, enjoy!

August 26th, 2015.

The King's Tower,

Crystaline Castle.

**

This place was huge! Every turn we made lead to a different hallway that I never saw before, yet with their high defying beauty, they looked the same. The only differences were the paintings and decorations on the wall which took my breath away every time with its uniqueness. There mostly seem to be paintings of older Kings and Queens or pieces of art which I'm sure held a deeper meaning beyond what we see. The hallways were candle lit and a little amount of sunlight came in through the long curtains. I suppose Maria was right, the Vampires do tend to be a little old fashioned. They didn't bother using electricity.

If I had been here at this castle under different circumstances, I'm sure I would have never wanted to leave. But things are different, I didn't choose to be here, I was forcefully thrown into this fantasy where I didn't belong.

The King stopped infront of two enormous set of doors. They had woodsy patterns on them, craved to perfection. He pushed the doors and they opened in a swift.

The sight infront of me left me awestruck. I was so use to the cell walls, that every single new detail I discovered left me curious.

The King stepped in as I followed his steps. This was by far the biggest room I've came across. My eyes were blinded with the color red, black, and white. What's with him and his obsession with those colors?

This room was different than the other parts of the castle though. While the others looked centuries old, this room, where I was standing in, it was anything but old. This room looked modern. It was filled with clean white furnitures, matching the white marble floors. A king sized bed with red and black sheets was placed against the right wall. There was a picture of the King himself, on the wall over the bed, in which he was dressed in different clothes, not the formal suits he always wears. He wore a blue jacket and a casual T-shirt, making him look younger. Still dangerous, but less scary.

(A/N pic on the side-->)

There was a flat screen TV on the opposite wall, with a super comfortable looking sofa infront of it. This was the first time I saw something that reminded me of my childhood. I remember arguing with my dad all the time because he wanted to watch football while I wanted to enjoy my cartoons. Thinking about my parents still brought tears to my eyes.

I shook my head and looked at the swirling red curtains due to the gushing wind, that notified me a balcony was located right across from me. It gave me a view to the outside world for the first time. Even though all I could see was a blur of blue and green because of the large distance between the balcony and me, it made me want to run free in the wildness.

Bringing me out of my dreamy thoughts, the King said, "You'll be staying here, with me, but make sure you're as far away from me as possible. I have to go take care of some duties right now, so do whatever you want, or die of boredom, I don't care. Just make sure you don't step a foot out of this room, or I have other ways of punishment except death."