I plop down on the warm sand as my hands caress through it gently. I let the grains of sand slip through my fingers back onto the ground as I smile to myself; feeling almost like a child with no worries again. I wish I was still a child. My toes submerge into the bubbly blue water as I wiggle them slightly. The sun warms my skin as I close my eyes in content. If only life was this simple all day, everyday. I wish life was simply a beach and the only worry is if I'm getting sunburned. I make a mental to remind myself that when I get older, to take a beach day whenever I feel stressed or worn out. Because right now, my worries are floating away with the wavy seas and my pain is seeping through the sand only to never return. My stress levels lowered the moment my feet touched the oh so cool water. My pain ended the moment my hands let the sand slip through my small fingers. I can hear kids playing and squealing off in the distance and a dog barking loudly. I wonder what it's like to live in the life of a human. To be so frail to this world, but also have a simple life. No set mate for life who you can't get rid of. No bad fur days. No fur balls. No weekly grooming. Humans can get everything they need in a store, the supernatural world has to tour the universe to be content with life. Sometimes that's not even enough to make the high ends happy as well as content. If the royals above you are  not happy, then you will not have a very successful day. They rule over us for a reason.

I lean back onto the warm and with my hands outstretched behind my head. I hear children giggling and squealing in the distance as thier parents scold them. The waves crash on the shore and birds above head chirp and squawk with each other. I wish I could fly, far away from here. I wish I could be back in my old territory where my only worry was if I was going to eat two containers of Oreos or three. Now I have an oversized, bastard alpha who likes to hook up with his slutty ex's, but expects me to bow down to him like he's some sort of God. Psssh, as if. He could die in a flaming ball of pain for all I care, it's not like I'm ever going to see him aga..

"Vendetta!" A voice cuts through the salty air like a knife.

My entire body tenses as I quickly stand. I turn to see the asshole alpha standing tall as ever. A few pack members stand behind him as well as Lucas and Piers. Piers looks at me a bit sorrowful, but Lucas only holds pity. Alpha Asshole's eyes hold nothing but rage. Rage that I caused him. Rage that I will continue to cause him until he falls in a never ending hole.

"You thought you could outrun me? Outsmart me? You're even stupider than I gave you credit for." He sneers as his broad body starts walking toward me. He's shirtless and every single muscle he has is flexed and ridged. Lucas and Piers stay put as the bastard nears closer to me. I begin to panic softly as I start speaking to stop him for a few seconds and buy some time.

"Stupid? You think I'm the stupid one? Talk to your boundary guards about stupid. I slipped right through without a chase." I growl trying to be as steady as I can.

"Oh don't worry about them my precious little princess. Their heads rest on a silver platter and their bodies are ash." He smirks.

"What if they had families?! You sick bastard!" I snarl.

"What if my family was weighing on your survival? What if my pups were in your stomach and you ran? What would have happened then, Vendetta. Please do tell." He edges on.

"Don't worry about that asshat. I will not ever carry such pups of yours and nor will I give you the satisfaction of my surrender to you." I hold my ground firm.

"You WILL carry my pups and you WILL be mine. I take what I want sweetheart. So save the trouble and come on." He snarls as his eyes narrow.

"Over my dead body." I snarl before throwing a handful of sand into his eyes. He howls in pain, clawing at his eyes as I use that time to take off through the sand. My feet carry me quickly into the nearby woods as I can hear him screaming and ordering his pack to catch me. I simply keep running since I have a pretty well head start. The shade of the trees keeps the heat off of me as I run as fast as my feet will carry me. Shifting would only slow me down since his Alpha wolf is much faster than me. Trees and bushes whizz by and leap over some and ducks under others so my head stays intact. A root that protrudes from the ground catches my foot as I stumble and hits the ground. So much for my head start. I can hear Diesel now, feel his racing heart, and smell his musky scent. He's right behind me. I keep running as fast as I can and angling myself farthest away from his boundary line of his pack. If I can just get a little more west, I can pass his line completely. My legs ache as I can hear muffled howls and yelling behind me. The only thing that I can firmly hear is Diesel's growls and his grunts trying to reach me.