Chapter 10

Chapter 10 -

I am woken by the sun shining heavily in my eyes. The sound of waves crashing on the shore and birds squawking about fills my ears. Letting out a loud yawn, I sit up and stretch my stiff muscles. Running away last night took a lot of strain and it took a lot out of me. My legs screamed a bit with the lactic acid that corroded the veins and between the muscles. Although almost all my joints and body hurt, I smiled. I smiled because I was finally free. I didn't have to stay in that pack house full of killers and deal with the biggest murderer of the entire werewolf world.

Diesel Wilder always had everything in this world. The money, the pack members, the girls, and the title were only a few of the things that he just got handed. Diesel didn't know how to live uncomfortably. He had no idea how hard it was to struggle to survive, and he had no idea what it was like to be forced into something you don't want. He was getting his taste of his own medicine now. I was gone and on the run while he probably sent everyone out to come get me. He was going to kill me if he ever caught me. He didn't care for me in the slightest bit. The thought of being mates with him was unbearable.

Yes, we do have the sparks when we touch. Yes, there is a slight connection. But I choose to ignore it. Being mates with a monster prevents you from filling every emotion there is to the process. When I'm around him, I lose my breath. Only because I'm scared he's going to harm me. That's the only emotion he's ever gotten out of me. And I haven't gotten any from his stone cold figure. Anger is the only emotion that surfaced within him. I don't give him the pleasure of having emotions override his system. He's an alpha whose head is stuck so far up his ass that I couldn't kick it if I wanted to!

I push myself off the bed gently and stretch my worn muscles as best I can. The waves right outside the house crash along the shoreline and I can smell the salt emitting from the depth of the ocean. I sigh softly as I tie my hair up into a messy bun and leaps out the open window gracefully. The sand between my toes is the first soothing feeling I have felt in yeah longest of time. The bright sun casts over the blinding, hot sand as I smile. This is way better than that cramped pack house. Diesel can die for all I care. He will die and I will laugh in the face of pain when he takes his last breath. He has caused so much chaos and hell in my life. I stride happily over to where the sand meets water. The semi-cold water curls around my toes as I giggle and bounds backwards at the feeling. I expected it to be a bit warmer than what it is right now. The wet sand feels like a cushion under my feet as my petite sized feet sink down into it softly. The bright, clear water once again curls around my feet as I smile. It doesn't seem as cold as I thought it was. It's either that, or I just am not used to the ocean. I never grew up on the shoreline much, I was taught to survive in the great oaks of the forest. I was never taught Basic Sea Life 101. I bet Diesel was taught that. Damn him.

Nothing happy or exciting ever escaped Diesel's lips. Everything that Alpha Asshole had to say was strictly pack business or cross words to me about how bad of a mate I was. Well he doesn't have to worry about me anymore. I'm a done problem that he will never have to see again for as long as he lives. Which I hope isn't very long, because he's caused my family and old pack so much damn pain. He hurt my friends, killed innocent children, and has slaughtered packs left and right. He's trying to take over the werewolf population, but all he's doing so creating enemies and decreasing the population. He doesn't have to slaughter innocent children, parents, teens, and elders to get what he wants. He is nothing but a dictator who will be overrun in the very near future if I have anything to do with it. I don't want him hurting anyone anymore. I want the pain of the world to stop and just be peaceful again. I'm sick of walking outside and being scared for my life that a pack wolf of his will come and latch onto my damn arm. I hate him. With every ounce and fiber that my small body can hold, I hate him. My wolf howls in objection of that, but I simply shove her to the back of my mind. The last thing I need to deal with is a horny pissed off wolf to give me headaches. I typically don't let her out as much as I should, due to her and I disagreeing on so damn much. She and I are nearly two different people. We don't agree on most things; simple things.