➳ three

It was raining heavily, such a weather during the burial day. The Wistaria siblings didn't shed a single tear as they look at their parents' tomb. They may not be crying on the outside but they were a mess on the inside.

Victoiré locked herself in her room, not even daring to take a meal nor just have a breath of fresh air outside. Her late father's best friend, General Nue of Yuken always came to visit the castle along with his son, Gin. Zen and Gin knocked on the redhead's door, not earning a response from the princess.

Gin knocked once again. "Vic, you can't lock yourself forever. Come, let's play together with Zen" But no reply came from the princess.

Zen let out a sigh. "She must be really devastated. It has been a week since she last left that room"

Gin frowned as he stared at the princess' door. He already missed hearing her sweet voice.

Later that night, Victoiré sat on her bed hugging her knees closer as the tears streaming down her tear-stained face never seemed to stop. Then, she heard a thud from her window. Curiosity got the best of her as she came closer to the window when she saw a shadow, when she was about to scream. A calm voice stopped her from screaming.

"Vic, its just me, Gin" He said.

"G-Gin? Why are you here?" Victoiré asked, wiping off her tears.

"I was just worried about you" Gin said as he went towards the redhead princess. The moon was the only source of light in the room, yet it was bright enough for Gin to see the redhead's face. Her eyes were lifeless just like a doll's, her cheeks were covered with dried tears and she had bags under her beautiful blue eyes. Gin embraced the young girl into his arms, the redhead astonished by his actions.

He didn't have to convey it into words. Victoiré already knew how much Gin wanted to make her happy, to be like her usual and cheerful self again.

"It's alright Victoiré, the pain inside your heart will wither away" He said in a comforting voice. "It won't be long until you find happiness again."

With those words, Victoiré for the first time after her parent's death, she felt warmth again. All this time, all she wanted was for someone to tell her that it'll be alright, no matter how tough or how much suffering she was feeling at the very moment of her life. Just those words already made her realize that there were still people that still cares for her.

"Thank you, Gin..."

- - - -

Victoiré was taking her rounds around the castle grounds, and when she saw a familiar redhead talking to Shiira and Kai and approached them.

"Shirayuki!" Victoiré called out, waving her hand as she ran towards her.

When she approached the three, the two castle guards gave Victoiré a bow. "Good morning, Princess"

The raven-haired princess greeted them back as she averted her gaze back at Shirayuki with a huge smile on her face.

"Come, my dear brother is waiting for you" Victoiré said, grabbing Shirayuki's wrist as she led the way going to her twin.