Chapter 8

"Help, I'm dying... of boredom!" Zheth's annoyed call rang around her cell as she glanced at the doorway from where she was reclining against the wall; her dumb guard had left ages ago, as they didn't want to deal with her ramblings. "Wait, no, that's just my imagination. I'm perfectly fine!"

She went silent as footsteps were heard coming down the hall and she slipped on her helmet before rising to her feet. There was a pause and a muttered curse before the door opened for the person to step in... Zheth lunged at them head first, intending to use her hard helmet to hurt them since she no longer had any weapons, before feeling herself being slammed to the ground. She felt the air get knocked out of her before seeing Kylo Ren glaring down at her through his mask, well he certainly wasn't the one she'd expected to pay her a visit.

"Idiots..." He hissed, probably referring to the Storm Troopers, and dragged her back to her feet. "How did you get out?"

Zheth crossed her arms over her chest. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"Do not test my patience!" His grip tightened and she felt her throat constrict a bit, which she knew couldn't be from his hand alone. "Answer my questions!"

"Have you looked at me? I'm like a twig almost. I just had to dislocate some bones and pop them back into place on one side before short circuiting the rest of that dumb thing." This seemed like a nice place in the conversation to actually answer him before she made it worse.

Kylo Ren released her before seemingly contemplating taking out his anger on the nearby control panel for the door, he turned back to her, forgetting about it for the moment. When he spoke again his voice seemed to hold curiosity behind it. "Who are you, Predator?"

"Me? Oh, that's easy. I'm just a bounty hunter from beyond the outer rim... where exactly I never found out though." She shrugged, trying to hide how much her origin, or lack of one, disturbed her. What would she have become if her real family had raised her? "But that's all you get to know unless I see some sort of reward for my information."

"It will be transferred to you." His promise seemed genuine but Zheth couldn't be too sure.

Her eyes narrowed under her helmet in suspicion. "I'm surprised the First Order changed its mind about torturing me so quickly... Was that your idea or your buzz kill friend Hux?"

"I can still have that arranged."

"I'll take it you didn't make that order then." She responded. "Then again, maybe you did, you do seem to have multiple personalities."

"Go report to Captain Phasma, she will keep an eye on you until we can confirm the information you'll be giving us and making sure you are completely loyal to us." He ignored her comment this time. "After that I'll see where you stand in the First Order."

"Great, a babysitter." She rolled her eyes under the helmet. "Where is she?"

"The cafeteria, it's her break." Kylo Ren turned away from her. "Follow me."

"I must be important for someone other than a Storm Trooper to take me somewhere twice." Zheth risked nudging him jokingly. "Right?"

He seemed to glare down at her through his helmet. "No. I just can't have you getting lost while you're under suspicion."

"Not buying that." She looked up at him.

"With your attitude you're going to get killed." Kylo huffed.