Chapter 21: Worried Sick

Sasuke entered his room only to hear the telephone ringing. "Teme, can you go to Sakura-chan's house right now, dattebayo?" A familiar voice asked through the phone. "Dobe? Why?" Sasuke asked. "Something happened to Sakura-chan!"

"I called her a few seconds ago, somebody else answered, saying that she's in the nearest hospital, dattebayo!" Naruto practically shouted through the phone. "What?" Sasuke said. "Just go, dattebayo!" Naruto said, hanging up.

"Hn. I'm going to Konoha Hospital." Sasuke suddenly said when Itachi passed by. "Why?" Itachi asked, stopping. "Sakura. Something happened to Sakura." Sasuke said, grabbing his car keys. "I'm coming with you." Itachi said.

A few seconds later, Sasuke drove off at full speed. They arrived at the hospital and ran to the emergency room. "Teme!" Naruto called out, making the two look at the said guy. "Dobe. What happened to Sakura?" Sasuke asked. "I don't know. I just called her phone then the doctor answered it." Naruto said. "All we can do is wait for her." Itachi said.

Six hours later, a dirty blonde haired lady got out from the room, making the three stand up from their seats. "Her family?" She asked, eyeing the three. Naruto and Itachi both pointed at Sasuke at the same time, making Sasuke look at them with questioning eyes. "Her brother. (Dattebayo)" They both said, making Sasuke twitch. "May I talk to you in private?" She asked sternly. "Hn." Sasuke said as he followed her into a room nearby.

"The name is Tsunade. So, about Sakura. She had been stabbed and her breathing was rapid. I'm assuming that someone chased her before stabbing her side, hitting her kidney. Do you happen to know who would pursue her?" Tsunade said, eyeing Sasuke. Sasuke's eyes dilated at this. "Kabuto." He whispered.

"Kabuto? Orochimaru's slave?" Tsunade asked, glairing at Sasuke. "Not slave, right hand." Sasuke said, twitching. "Same thing. Boy, I'm telling you, if something happens to my student again, I'm going to turn you into my pig's dinner." Tsunade said, glaring at Sasuke.

"Student?" He asked. "Yes, Sakura was my student." Tsunade said. "And I know that you aren't her brother. She doesn't have any. But I'll put her into your care." Tsunade said, smirking at Sasuke. "Understood?" Tsunade asked. "Hn." Sasuke answered as they got out of the room.

"Sakura should be better tomorrow. I advice you to give her time to rest." Tsunade said approaching the other two. "I'll stay here just in case Kabuto comes back." Sasuke said, monotonously. "Don't worry. I practically sleep here so I'll be here all night. You can go home, brat." Tsuande said, smirking. "What can you do?" Sasuke said, provoking Tsuande.

"Teme! Don't say something like that! Sakura-chan got her monstrous strength from her, dattebayo!" Naruto said, twitching, trying to pull Sasuke away. "Thanks, baa-chan. We'll go home now." Naruto said, grinning as he pulled Sasuke away. Itachi nodded towards Tsunade and walked away with Naruto. "Such troublesome bunch." Tsunade whispered to herself. "Shizune! Check Sakura's breathing." Tsunade shouted as she walked away. "Yes, ma'am!" Shizune shouted from the other room.

The following day, Sasuke hurriedly wore his office uniform and ran towards his car. "Going to see Sakura, bye!" He shouted to Itachi. "Your breakfast!" Itachi shouted back. "Don't need it, I'll eat with Sakura!" Sasuke said, driving full speed towards the hospital. Itachi smiled at this and sighed. "My brother is growing up." He said monotonously as he got back into making his own breakfast.

Sasuke got out of the car and ran towards Sakura's room. He knocked thrice and heard a come in. "Morning, boss." Sakura said, sitting up on the bed, grinning at Sasuke. Sasuke sighed and walked towards Sakura.

Sasuke hit Sakura over the head. "What did you do that for?" Sakura said, rubbing a bump on her head. "That's for making dobe worried sick." Sasuke said. He leaned towards her and gave her a peck on her forehead. "And that's for making feel thankful that you're alright." Sasuke said, giving her a ghost smile as he stared at her red face.

To Be Continued...