Blood, his blood, started to drip out of his body and onto the white floors. The sound of it was the only thing I heard as time itself stilled.

     He turned to me and kept his ice blue eyes on mine.

     "No, no, no, NO!" I yelled.

     He started to slump to the ground and my shaking hands held onto his dyeing body. With both his hands he grabbed onto my face and opened his mouth to say something, but only blood made its way out.

     "Shh, shh, don't speak. It's going to be okay. I'm going to make this okay. You are NOT leaving me. You can't Logan. You can't!" I yelled through hysterical sobs.

     "I.." Logan squeezed my face and brought it down to mine for one last gentle kiss. I felt his lips warm with his blood and to fast, his grip softened and fell to the ground.

     He was gone, just like that it was over. And I was broken.

     I closed his ice blue eyes with shaky hands and weeping sobs. His blood already a pool around him, staining my dress. Good, let it stain, let it be something I could remember him by.  

     He's dead. Logan's dead. He's... dead. 

     "Oh pull yourself together Evie. You look pathetic."

     My head snapped so fast behind me to look at my mother, and instantly my body was shaking with rage. No amount of power in me can bring back the dead, but I can create it. Vengeance consumed my very thoughts as I lashed out on her. I brought down a wall of ice from the ceiling to crush her, but she easily stopped it and sent spikes up from the ground where I stood as retaliation.

     One of them stabbed through my calf and I yelled in pain as I pulled it out. It took longer to heal than usual.

     "See Evie, I did you a favor. He was making you weak."

     "I loved him mother! How could you!"

      She walked to me and looked down at Logan's cold body in disgust, "Love gets everyone killed in the end, but not me. It will never get me," She almost whispered the last part to herself. And then she looked up at me with gentle eyes, "And you my sweet Evie, I will never let it near you."

     "So you have never loved anyone? Not even my father?"

      "Your father was unimportant, your past siblings were weak, these winter citizens out there are mere mortal, all of which I have no love, let alone care for. There is no use in caring for someone who dies within fifty years, thats a blink of an eye to royals. You'll see Evie."

     I looked her straight in the eyes for this question, the question thats always been in the back of my mind, "And me mother... Do you love me?"

     She kept her eyes strained on mine as the features on her face smiled. She didn't say a word as she tried to reach for my hand to hold. But she didn't have too, I saw what her answer was.

     And instead of shedding more tears, I chose to grieve with anger. As soon as she touched my hand I pulled her in, grabbed her throat and smashed her into the ground. The ice sunk in with the force and my mothers face cracked with true wrath.

     Snow started to fall, and then just as quickly there was a blizzard of snow and ice surrounding me. The Ice Queen was off the ground and standing over me in all her fierce power, and then she sent the blizzard hurling my way, easily crushing me onto the other side of the vast room.

     I groaned in pain as I made my way out of the wall, but she kept sending her ice towards me to keep me down. Behind the whistle of her power I heard her taunting laugh, my own mother, enjoying my pain was enough to fuel my anger back up to block her strong power. I slumped to the ground gasping for breath, I looked weak, but I had a plan. She wouldn't expect me to fight back as long as I didn't look strong enough.