Tests and Testy

Harry was awoken by loud knocking on his door, as soon as he got up he was joined by Chestnut who didn't seem to mind the low growl he emitted as he stalked sleepily to the door. He glared up at the potions master, not caring if he was being rude. His glare must have been a shock since Snape took a step back. "There is a meeting Potter, you are to attend." The older man replied to Harry's silent question. Harry grumbled angrily and rubbed his eyes, stepping out of the room and letting the door close behind him. Chestnut nestled in his mess of hair and Harry waved his hands at Snape in a motion that said lead the way. He'd never been this irritable when waking up before but he was still tired and wanted desperately to go back to his warm bed. He was lead out of the apartment area and down through an open field that was somehow still in the building and still in the Submissive Sanctuary. The warm grass and sunlight seemed to tease Harry about how he couldn't just lay down and have a nap there which irked him more than he already was. Once in the meeting room all eyes turned to him, he was disheveled with sleep and had a scowl on his face that would frighten a grown man.

"I take it you don't like to be woken up Mr Potter." McGonagall said slightly amused by his sour expression.

"Not when I'm tired." He growled.

"I apologise but there are some people here who would like to speak with you all." The woman replied. "Is that an owlet on your head?"

"Huh? Oh yeah... That's Chestnut. Headwig had chicks." He mumbled. He brushed past Snape and sat next to Luna, everyone noticed how her smile soothed Harry's mood. Luna was simply smitten by Chestnut, exclaiming she must meet the others as well, which Harry said would be fine by him. Chestnut took to Luna as well, nibbling her finger gently and making the girl giggle. It turned out there was a whole subculture of inheritance, within the subculture of wizards and witches, under the main culture of humans, Harry didn't  think to hard about it it hurt his head, a council oversaw the growth of every generation and since this one had woken up early they were here to check for abnormalities or complications. Harry was made to show his humanoid beast form which he hadn't even done yet so it annoyed him when the man with the clipboard kept prodding him to do it.

He reached for the hum of energy he'd been ignoring, if he grabbed it all he'd go straight to his full beast form, something that wasn't advised by the clipboard man. Eames was his name if Harry recalled. So Harry mentally clicked into about a third of the way of the strange energy, he felt a tickle as his features adjusted. His hair lengthened, his fingernails curved into claws he grew black feline ears and a long feline tail of the same colour, he gazed at it thoughtfully, it could be a normal house cat but he didn't seem to think so, he felt more powerful than that. Then the wings came tearing through his shirt and curving around him, feathery wings, shiny, sleek and black in the outside and edges like his fur, but the inside was soft dark grey feathers that promised warmth and comfort. Eames seemed impressed. When the beast like features melted away Eames fixed Harry's shirt for him and asked how he felt.

"Agitated mostly. And tired." Harry said suppressing a yawn.

"Your teacher mentioned it lessens around the small female Veela." Eames added. Harry wondered which teacher had mentioned that. Probably McGonigal.

"Luna is a good friend, and she has an air about her that calms me down." He admitted.

"Yes it seems she's already part of your friend circle." Eames wrote something down onto the clipboard. "Have you eaten anything?"

"Turkey sandwich."

"How did that settle in your stomach."

"Pretty well, didn't taste as good as I'd usually think it would though."

"No I dare say it wouldn't, cooked meat is fine for you to consume but I dare say the closer it is to being raw the better it would taste." Harry recoiled, he didn't want to eat raw meat. "Don't worry, you won't have to eat raw meat, but your meat cooked rare would probably be quite appetising for you." Harry still didn't find that to be a better alternative. He was measured and asked about his previous measurements.