"It was a gift from my grandmother," said Elizabeth, sending a kind smile towards Bonnie.

"Oh, grandmothers are the best! When I was four, mine gave me my own broom. Of course, I couldn't ride it because I didn't have anyone to teach me, but I still have it to this day," explained Bonnie, her eyes twinkling at the memory.

"Aren't you one of the Beaters on your house's team?" Elizabeth inquired, remembering seeing her in a photo some place.

She nodded, "I've played since I was allowed. They almost let me play in my first year, but how insane is that? A first year playing Quidditch? Pinch me when that happens."

"We didn't have Quidditch at my school in the United States," Elizabeth remembered. They tried to form a team once, but the professors burned their field down, keeping it in flames until they agreed to not continue with the sport.

"That's a shame," Bonnie frowned, not understanding the gravity of what Elizabeth had told her. "Oh look, we're here!" she grinned and opened the door. Inside was a dimly lit room with a large round table and food hovering on plates in the center.

"Hello! Do come in, please do," Professor Slughorn welcomed the three students who had just arrived. The Hufflepuffs Elizabeth had seen earlier were seated facing the door, smiling and laughing with each other. The girl she knew from the first day did not acknowledge her.

Klaus and Bonnie seemed to know their place, so Bonnie sat next to one of the Hufflepuffs girls and Klaus sat next to her. Elizabeth gingerly took a seat beside him and hoped that was where she belonged. As the minutes went by, more students began coming into the room, each adorned in lavish clothing. Elizabeth wondered where Tom had gone, for they were right behind her in the corridor. The door creaked open, and Elizabeth looked over her shoulder, expecting to see Tom. Instead, the messy brown hair of the one and only, Asher Bennett, stepped into the room.

"Hello Professor," he greeted. His eyes scanned the room and finally landed on her. Asher gave a close-mouthed smile and proceeded to have a small conversation with Slughorn.

Elizabeth felt her throat getting tighter and rubbed her palms together under the table nervously. Two third year Ravenclaw girls walked in and took the seats to Elizabeth's left. There were only a few seats left and she knew who would fill them. Almost as if he'd read her mind, Tom and the six boys all entered. She found it odd how all of them had been offered a spot in this seemingly exclusive club.

Asher had sat down by then in a seat next to one of the Hufflepuff girls. He smiled at Elizabeth, but she ignored it. Tom sat down and three of his friends sat on either side of him, almost as if it had been rehearsed.

"Well I believe this is everyone!" Slughorn clapped, taking his seat between the Ravenclaw girl and one of Tom's acquaintances. He shifted uncomfortably as the professor sat next to him. "Dig in, everyone, I'm sure you're nearly starved!"

The students began picking food out of the middle of the table, setting it on their plate. Elizabeth grabbed a couple pieces of salmon as well as a scoop of peas. Clear glasses of pumpkin juice floated off of the platter, landing in front of everyone's place. Elizabeth sat and waited as the rest of the students finished gathering their food.

It was silent for a few minutes as everyone took their first bites. "Everyone looks absolutely dashing tonight," Bonnie said to break the ice. A few words of thanks and complimenting were directed her way.