chapter 14

edited mostly

_____________________________________

Next day, Louis, Cady, Nate called in sick. I don't know about the herpy gang because lets face it, I don't care. The rest of us who attended school skipped the first or the first two classes. Cuz even though we weren't drunk, we did sleep quite late.

Mom drove me to school today and we talked about school and random things on our way. We had almost reached school when I remembered I needed a ride back. "I'll ask someone if I can hitch a ride with them or I'll text you. Will you be able to come pick me up?"

"Yeah I'll come. Text me." She said.

I opened the door and stepped out of the car when she called me back.

"Yeah?"

"You hide your hurt really well, you've got it from me. But I'm your mom, I know that face. I know something happened last night. Don't let it get in your way, you still need to do well at school if you want to go to a good college. Have a nice day, honey." I shut the door of her car and made my way to the school entrance. My mother was pretty smart, I underestimated her.

I had history in the first lesson with the girls. We dreaded this class the most so we took it together. But Cady wasn't here so it was the other three of us. I took my books from my locker and made my way to class.

"So, the guy was actually Nick?" I asked Sandra as she sat down beside me.

"Yeah, but that kind of backfired. He has a girlfriend back in Canada and they've been together for three years now. Well not be too selfish or whatever I don't think they'll last. These long distance relationships never do. But Nick and I can be friends. He's not too much fun anyways." She replied. She'd find someone else.

As the lunch bell went, I got up from my seat and made my way to my locker.

"Well hello there." Nick said reaching my locker.

"Hey." I said.

"What do you say we all hang out today?"

" And who does 'all' include?" I asked.

"Well ya know, you, me, my brother, my sister, your brother, the blonde braniac who's also on the basket ball team, the blonde blue-eyed twin sisters, the gay guy from the basket ball team and the chic who wears scarps for clothes." He listed everyone on his fingers.

"Well, 'the blonde braniac who's also on the basketball team' is called Ed, 'the blond blue-eyes twins' are called Sarrah and Sandra, 'the gay guy from the basket ball team' is called Jason and the last one is called Lilly which is also why, no thankyou."

"Alright we won't call her. I thought she was friends with you guys so I said her name don't like her myself either."

"She and I are far from friends. No girl in this school likes her. Believe me, even her sidekicks hate her."

"So now that she isn't invited, will the rest of hang out?"

"As tempting as that sounds, I have loads of homework and other things to do and those who missed school today have classwork to catch up on. So today isn't such a good dea."

"You got a point there."

"Don't I always?"

"What about this weekend?"

"Let's see."

By now we had reached the cafeteria. I got my lunch and made my way to my friends.

The rest of the day was pretty much uneventful. The girls dropped me home.

However, at night once I finished dinner and took a shower and went to do my homework, a text from an unknown number popped up on my phone.

Saturday house warming. Come with Cady, she knows the place.

So I replied:

You're not gonna be satisfied until we hang out are you Nick?

It's not Nick here its Nate.

Haven't fallen for that one ever.

It really is me, Nate.

Not helping.

And then, I got a call from the same number, a facetime call. So I accepted it and Nate's face popped up. He had bed hair and he was shirtless. Here's the thing, he was feeling his chin with a confused look.

"Do I look like Nick in any way to you?" he asked.

"You wish you were that cool," Nick said from somewhere in background. That made me laugh.

"You always pulled that on me when we were little. Back then you two looked so alike."

"Those were the days." He said looking into space. I chuckled.

"Anyways. We've got the new house, it pretty cool. We're moving in starting tomorrow, we're all packed. Not that we ever fully unpacked but that's not the point. We kind of want everyones approval. Its really cool. Its two apartments that have a door in the middle. One is gonna be for our parents and one for us. Each has two rooms so our parents' place is gonna have a guest room. Our part of the apartment is gonna have a very basic kitchen. Its perfect, really."

"What area is this in, it is pretty cool."

"This place called Business Bay. You know it?"

"Yeah its quite the happening place. But its kind of like on the other side of town. How are yo guys gonna comute?"

"Oh there's a subway station at walking distance from the apartment building."

"That's pretty cool." It was really.

"Oh and I'm gonna need your moms number. She's an interior designer, right?"

"Yeah I'll forward it to you."

"Cool. You're coming on Saturday right?"

"Yeah I wanna see this place it sounds pretty cool."

"Cool then."

Should I ask him about calculus? I mean, if he wants help he should ask me right? If I ask him It'll look desperate. Like I just want to spend time with him. I could hint it to him without him realizing too much. He's an idiot anyways.

"How's all the missed out work going on? Mrs. Sheth started a new chapter today in calculus." See, smooth.

"It sucks. Nick gave me all the homework and all but I haven't even touched it. This feels like a vacation to me. Not that I studied at home anyways. But this is worse."

"Maybe now is the time to start."

"Tomorrow maybe."

"Alright then. Anyways, I'm on no vacation so I better get back to my homework. See ya later pals." I said.

"See ya." He said and ended the call.

I smiled.

Wait why did I smile? I'm trying to get over him.

UGHH Nathan Scott you're a confusing piece of sh*t.

_______________________________________________________

Guys, I don't know what to call this chapter. please leave some suggestions.

kind of an early update.

-H