I was about to shout, punch, kick or all of the above but a sudden rush of cold air hit my chest accompanied with a loud rip – the sound of wet cloth landing on the other side of the room enlightened me to my predicament.

Shirt and bandages shredded I was left in my sodden bra. It all happened so fast that it took me a moment to realise that the warm sensation lapping at my side was the creature's tongue, that moment was all I needed to start thrashing in my lame attempt of escape.

The creature wasn't having any of this; it grabbed both of my hands and held them above my head whilst pinning my bucking hips with its own, it's incredibly large body making the task look easy.

It stung, each time its tongue moved over the bumps of my ribs the bruised tissue felt tortured; when it's tongue passed over a sensitive spot I instinctively lashed out and managed to catch the creatures ear between my teeth- I bit down on the hard cartilage, but even as I tasted the iron of its blood the creature did not falter nor flinch.

The whole situation was embarrassing, exasperating and awkwardly mortifying; I should've been able to escape or at least flip this beast off of me by now, I am – or was- the top of the top when it came to combat. So why did I suddenly feel so helpless? Why was I letting myself be helpless?

I gritted my teeth, the action meant to embody my anger doubled up as a way to inflict pain on my captor.

This time the beast spasmed and backed away hastily.

Sitting up, I looked down at my side. To my utter astonishment the bruise was fading before my very eyes, slowly but surely it turned from a garish mottled blue to a blush skin tone.

My eyes found the beast as it sat against a wall, fiddling with its torn ear.

Suddenly a wave of guilt washed over me, a grimace came to my face as I almost stumbled at the feeling's magnitude. It had healed me and in return I had unwittingly almost bit off its ear.

Rising to my feet, I walked over to where my bandages and shirt had landed, the top did little to preserve my modesty but was better than nothing. I took another glance at the creature, it was staring at me now, an expression that could almost be called sombre on its face.

Fingering the damp linen bandages I walked out, towards the tunnel that led to the spring – it whined behind me, now crouched with arms outstretched.

I raised my hand in a stop motion, "Stay." I said.

Then I turned, using the wall as guidance I stumbled my way through the dark to the spring.

When I arrived I wasted no time in going to the water's edge and scrubbing my hands and the bandages in the near boiling water.

A tremendous howl sounded from inside the cave, followed by a series of crashes and fits of snarling. As if possessed, I swung around and sprinted back down the passage. Almost launching myself into the room I narrowly missed a piece of wood that was flung through the air.

The beast was raging. It prowled around the room on two legs occasionally picking something up then throwing it to the other side of the den.

It let out another bout of howling, this time I had to cover my ears to stop my eardrums from rupturing. I groan left my throat; my ears were going to explode.

It stopped.

We caught each other's eyes, it stood straight and still, panting in great huffs.

Cautiously I took a step forwards, then another, and another until I was a few feet away from the creature. It looked down at me, bewildered.

I gingerly took its hand, careful of its claws, and led it to the furs where I told it to sit. It complied and stiffly sat cross legged. Now stood behind the creature I gently dabbed the scabbing flesh of its ear with the wet bandage, it had already healed somewhat, no doubt thanks to the werewolf's superior healing. Lucky sod. 

As I finished cleaning the wound, as from unfortunate experience I knew the dangers of the bacteria that resided in a human's mouth, I noticed the creature was shaking. Its whole form almost vibrating, was it going into shock? Not entirely sure what to do, I ran my hand through the fur on its shoulder in attempt to calm it.

It had occurred to me that, in reality, it would be near impossible to get back to the army base, and to be honest I now no longer saw the point in trying to get back to the pack house- I didn't even know where in their vast territory I was- but when I had finally let my mind calm I realised I no longer needed the wolves anymore.

The lycan took my hand into its own before rubbing it into its cheek and giving it a small lick of self reassurance.

I had solid material to learn from right in front of me, I just had to manage my study carefully.

AN: Please tell me if this is getting too repetitive, I'm writing without a plan so not even I know where this story is going.  Anyway, thanks for reading and voting, I love every single comment. Hope your enjoying this book as much as me xxxx