Chapter 10

K I E F E R
As much as I want to spend more time with Alyssa in Boracay, and I want her to relax, we can't any longer because of priorities: Basketball and Volleyball. Sometimes, the sport we love hinders us from living the life most of people our age do, but it doesn't matter. Things we do for the sport.

Even from a far, I see her beautiful face and smell my favorite perfume. As she walks towards me, I think to myself I'm proud to call that lovely woman in blue "mine".

I promised to take her out to lunch today. Her birthday surprises aren't over yet. In fact, they have only started. I planned a week-long birthday week full of celebrations for my girl. After all, she deserves it.

"Hey," she approached me with a hug. It's sad. She can't kiss me in public because of the decisions I make. But whatever. "Ang ganda mo, nakakainis!" I whispered to her ear then put my arm on her shoulders. We walked to my car that way.

She gave me the sweetest smile upon entering the car. "Oh, what's with the smile?" I ask, returning a smile back. "Wala naman. I'm just... happy. Happy to be with you," Those words make my heart celebrate and she doesn't even know it. "So, where are we going?" She asks. Alyssa has totally no idea of where I'm taking her today. "You'll see," I said as I started the engine and drove off.

Alyssa spent the whole drive bugging me and trying to get clues about our lunch destination. "Babe, 'wag ka nang makulit. Malalaman mo rin naman later. Please, don't spoil the surprise. Basta, mag-eenjoy ka dun, okay?" I got tired of her trying to get clues. Ang kulit kasi. She just gave me an "okay fine" look and then closed her eyes, probably going for a nap.

"Wake up, beautiful," I said as I tap her shoulders gently with the hopes that it will wake her up. After a few more shoulder taps, she finally woke up. She opened her eyes slowly and each of those making me fall in love with her all the more. "We're here!" I excitedly said when she fully opened her eyes.

Before she got out of the car, she looked around and tried to figure out where we are. "Guess where we are, Babe," I said with a smile, then she smiled back with the sweetest smile she could ever give. "I haven't figured out, Babe. So tell me now,"

"What Alyssa wants, Alyssa gets." I said which made both of us chuckle. "Do you really not remember? We're in Tagaytay, Ly." I said while pointing at the signage which she only noticed now.

"Southridge Estates..." She mumbled. "OMG! This is where you asked me to be your girlfriend!" She excitedly recalled. "Yes. Shall we?" I offered my hand to her which she gladly took.

We ate lunch in our resthouse in Tagaytay. I personally set this up in the roofdeck, just for the two of us. We had steak, pasta and sangria — all of Alyssa's favorites.

I remember looking for a secret and private place so that I could ask her to be my girl here, two years ago. I had no idea where so I just chose the Ravena resthouse. This is owned by my lola, but when she passed away, Dad and his siblings chose me to be in-charge of it. I don't pay the bills, I just make sure that everything here is fine.

"How do you like the steak, Babe?" I asked her even if I could see that she was enjoying it. "It's to die for! Sobrang sarap, wala na 'kong masabi." She expressed herself more subtly. "Where'd you order this, Kief?" I laughed at her question. "'Di ka maniniwala sa sagot ko." She looked at me and said, "Luto ni Tita?" I disagreed.

"Saan nga?" She was so eager to know. "Guess..." She was getting annoyed, but she looked cute. I winked at her and smiled which probably gave her some hints.

"YOU COOKED?" She asked in disbelief. When I nodded, she sat there agape. "How do you like it?" Before I knew it, she scooted over and gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Great job, Mister Ravena."