Chapter 2

K I E F E R

"Paps, Monday ngayon ah." Von approaches me. We're currently in Cervini, just finished training about an hour ago. With what he said, I just gave him a curious look. Because we are friends, he immediately understood that I was confused and curious. "Monday ngayon. Today is your schedule to have breakfast with Alyssa."

Oh. "Ah, hindi muna ngayon. Parang busy siya at tsaka may tatapusin pa 'kong Philo paper." I just told him even if I knew that none of what I said were true.

"'Wag na tayong maglokohan pa, Kief. Alam ko naman na both of you will work it out para makapag-breakfast kayo ng Monday. That's how it's been since you guys became best friends." This guy just knows me too well. I know that I can't hide anything from Von, except about the real thing about me and Alyssa. "So, ano nga? Tell me about the problem. Ayusin natin."

"Nagkatampuhan lang kanina over the phone. It's nothing, Paps. Normal lang 'to. Maayos din yan."

***

A L Y S S A
Coach Parley just blew the whisle; signaling that he and Coach Tai called it a day for us. It was almost eight thirty pm anyways.

"Ate Ly, nasaan si Manong?" Bea, with eyes looking at the entrance of the gym, asks me. I haven't seen that guy today. "Oo nga, Ate. Hindi na nga kayo nagbreakfast kanina tapos hindi ka man lang niya dinalhan ng food or Gatorade. May problema ba?" Jho asked while walking towards me.

They noticed I was a bit down today. It was because of that phone call I had with him this morning. It kind of pulled me down. I had a little 'fight' with him because he was in a bad mood. I'm used to it.

I'm always the one getting hurt more.
I'm always the one who ends up crying.
I'm always the one trying to fix it.
It's always me. I'm always the one doing things for him.

"C'mon Ate, you can tell us." I feel blessed that my teammates are concerned about me and about what I feel. But they just can't know about me and Kiefer. As much as I want to tell them, I really just can't. "Believe me girls, it's nothing. Baka pagod lang 'to. I just need some rest siguro." Lies lies lies. That's what I've been living on.

"No Ate, we don't believe you. I know there is something going on with you and Manong." Baby Besh knows everything indeed. "Okay fine. Meron nga, pero it's all good okay? You see girls, best friends fight."

Best friend? Who are you kidding, Alyssa Caymo Valdez?

This hiding thing can kill me soon.

"Okay, Ly. We'll leave it there. Pero sana you fix it soon because if it's bothering you, then it's also bothering us." Concerned Denden tells me. "Yes, I will try my best besh."

Bea, Den and Ella offered to walk home with me. I feel that they will ask more questions but I don't mind. I need some good vibes and company right now.

"Besh, let's get some snacks? Kain tayo!" It's weird. Ella's offer was all of a sudden. I know they're trying to comfort me, so I just had to say yes. "Kaso besh, yung wallet ko nasa dorm." I forgot that I left my keys and wallet because I was absent-minded before training.

"It's okay, Ate. My treat!" This rich kid though. I just laugh at the fact that she is so young but she offers to pay for mostly everything. I know that it is an act of generosity but sometimes I can't help but think, does she ever run out of money? Haha. "'Wag na, Bei. I'll pay you pagbalik natin." She was going to disagree but I spoke first. "Sa ayaw at sa gusto mo, babayarin kita, okay? Done deal!" I say, she just shook her head.

I love my friends. They have always been my constants. Sadly, Amy was busy with school work so she was unable to join us.

I had a hearty dessert with my beshies. I had such a fun night that I already forgot about my current situation with Kiefer.

I was too tired to think of it. I just left it there. I wanted to get some rest.

It's whatever.

After all, we'll get through this if we are really meant for each other. I know that I can never tell if we are a match made in Heaven since we haven't really gone publicly, but I will know once I graduate.

For now, tough times will reveal if we are really meant to be or not.

Kief the faith.

K I E F E R
I can't sleep. It's already 2:30 in the morning and yet I have not gotten any sleep. What's going on with me and Alyssa is bothering me.

I checked her Twitter, she probably just fell asleep fifteen minutes ago since the last tweet she liked was posted just fifteen minutes ago.

I had to stop the urge of wanting to go to Eliazo. I wanted to check on her but a voice inside me says Kiefer, hindi pwede. Hindi naman kasi talaga pwede.

I regret fighting with her earlier. I must admit, it was all my fault. Coach Bo was not in a really good mood and he got mad at the whole team, but his hot head mostly captured me. I got really frustrated with that. It felt like I wasn't doing good enough as the captain.

She called to check on me. Alyssa is Alyssa; so sweet, tender, gentle and kind. While this dumbass, aka me, on the other hand was in a seriously bad mood. She asked me numerous times if I had eaten, or more things. She also managed to confront me about going out with Trinca the past few days. I got annoyed to the point that I found myself screaming at her.

My going out with Trinca was nothing at all. In fact, I never did. She just saw the wrong photo online. Trinca asked to take a selfie with me, and so I agreed. She though I went out with her when in fact, I did not. I went to the Salcedo Market with our other friends. We were not just two, it was not only Trinca and me.

You see, the online world is crazy!