Mummy's Expired

(A/N: Quick Author's Note, I explain all about the competition at the end and stuff but just want to say this is based on a future [2016] where Iris and Jonas had children just if anyone wanted to know.)

---Iris---

The sunlight filtered through the curtains above my bed, my eyes slowly fluttering open. I took an intake of breath and stretched my arms and legs, smiling. 

What a beautiful day.

I looked over to my side and Alec and Fleur were standing by my bedside, and nothing made my smile grow wider than seeing my two children wake me on such a wonderful morning.

"HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!" They both shouted at me. I was stunned and for a second didn't say anything. But then I chuckled and extended my arms for them to embrace me.

"Aw, come here you two!" I squealed as they ran in to my arms, hugging me tightly. Fleur giggled and let go, dropping down to clearly grab something from under the bed. I was scared that my 3 year old would hurt herself  so I started to pull my bedcovers off but her twin brother, Alec, pushed me down.

"No mummy, it a suprise!" He said, making sure I couldn't see. 

I was eager to find out what they had gotten me. They still weren't old enough to understand what happened to their father, Jonas, and so they treated mother's day extra specially. 

"Mummy! Close your eyes and noooo peeking!" Fleur said as she stood back up. I laughed and playfully opened one eye. "Mummy!" She giggled and Alec placed his hands over my eyes to make sure I didn't open them.

"Alright mummy, it ready." said Alec, taking his hands away from my face. 

In front of me there was a frame, a wooden frame that had been covered in PVA glue and raw pasta was stuck all around it. I spotted some cat stickers Fleur bought when we went shopping (and she wouldn't tell me what they were for) and some flowers I recognised from our garden.

Inside the frame there was a picture, a picture with me, Fleur and Alec all making funny faces at the camera at the entrance of Disney Land Paris. I could remember that picture, the flash going off, Fleur and Alec's manic laughter as we entered in to the park. 

The frame was possibly the most ugliest one I had ever seen, and I could see the marks where the printer had run out of ink whilst printing off the picture. But my children had made this for me. And I couldn't have been more proud.

I felt a tear roll down my barren cheek and I took the frame in my hands. 

"Thank you," I muttered through my crying, hugging them both tightly, so that I wouldn't let go, not like how I let Jonas go.

- - - - - 

Next came breakfast. 

I sat around our small cherry red table whilst Fleur and Alec got everything ready in the kitchen. I could hear shuffling and pots banging and definitely Fleur letting out a short "Ow". I had to control my motherly instincts and stay seated at this table.

I didn't want to ruin their Mother's Day.

I looked around. Our dining room was very small, something I lacked when living with the Society all those years ago. The room was maybe the size of two normal cars parked right up against each other lengthways and the height of me.

I was always the 'mathsy' type.

Our home was a tiny flat on the fifth floor of a building, the view from our window of a rundown supermarket. Cheap and just enough to fit three people.