01.

Mason saw her again. She's still as beautiful as when he saw her for the first time. The memory is still fresh on the back of his mind.

I walked into the bar, it was really crowded but she immediately stole my attention. Her tanned skin, looking like it has been kissed tenderly by the golden sun and dusted with light freckles. Her strawberry blonde hair, perfectly curled. She's like the missing puzzle piece from my life, and I knew I had to know her by the end of the night. I sat at an empty booth several seats away from her, and Jackson, the bartender approached me right away. "The usual?" he asked. I shook my head no, "Two gin and tonic." He frowned but said nothing. While waiting for the drinks, I watched her, her every move intrigued me. Jackson slid the drinks in front of me. Before he went, I stopped him "Give one of these to that girl in the black dress." Jackson furrowed his eyebrows, like he was trying to figure me out, but once again he said nothing and did what I asked. The girl hesitated before accepting the drink. She smiled at me, showing her gratitude. I felt a tap on my shoulder, I turned my head and I saw Tyson. "Hey mate, watcha doin?" My eyes immediately flew back to her, but she was nowhere to be found. I searched for her but I can't seem to spot her in the crowd.

Mason is lost in trance, watching her steal the spotlight ever since she stepped into the bar. She's wearing a red dress that hugged her curve perfectly. Mason knew he can't fail this time, he must know her name tonight. Their eyes met, and without wasting any time, he got up and approached her. But it was like fate didn't want them to know each other, because her friends swarmed her and he got to hold back his intention to introduce himself. He watched her dance and having fun with her friends. He's dying to know her name, because every second Mason spent watching her, he became more interested with her. He's succumbed to whatever she had.

Gin and Tonic was never her favorite. The bitter taste on her tongue and its strong smell would make her scrunch her nose. But since that night, she finds herself enjoying the drink. From the first time he bought her gin and tonic, she can't get him out of her mind. Day and night, she wondered, "Who's that guy?"

Ava can feel his gaze on her back, like its burning holes on her head. Unlike any other stares, his stares don't give her creeps. It's the opposite, really. She knew he watched every move that she made. Maybe, just maybe, that's why she kept on dancing even though her feet are starting to swell in her heels. She keeps on dancing, hoping that he

would approach her and talk to her. Ava can feel herself drowning into him, and she knows that he needs to act quickly or else she will lose her mind. She really needs a break from her mind. She excused herself from her friends, and walked outside to get some fresh air.

Mason won't wait anymore. He follows her out, and saw her staring at the night sky. He stands next to her, making her turn her head. She lets out a sigh of relief and smiles, making it seem like she was expecting it. "Beautiful sky, huh?" he said, "Just like you." Of course he didn't say the last part, he wouldn't dare to say it, afraid she will think of him as a creep. She hums in agreement, "You do this a lot?" She asked, "You know, buying girls drinks?" Mason just stood there mouth agape, the question caught him off guard and tongue tied. "No, you're the first actually. I'm Mason." He finally said after recomposing himself. Silence filled the air. She wants go all friendly, no, even flirty with him but she knew better than to be one of those girls who keeps on flirting with him no matter how many times he turned them down. "Ava." Her answers are curt, but that just makes his curiosity grow. Ava makes her way inside, and just before she steps into the crowded bar, Mason asks "Can I get your number?" Ava stopped, dead on her tracks. "I don't have a phone." She said. Mason shakes his head, fully knowing that she's lying. "How about I buy you another gin and tonic, tomorrow 9 p.m. at this place?" He offered. And that's exactly what she was hoping for. She turned her head, "Gin and Tonic? Deal." And that's all she said before he lost her in the crowds.

____________________________AUTHOR's NOTE___________________________

hiiiii.xxx

tbh, i never intended to post this story, but i did anyway. This is actually a school project and I found myself enjoying the process. Please enjoy!