Mr. Brightside

A/N: Okay, so, this chapter is dedicated to xHelloWorldx for making me this awesome cover. I apologize if there are any spelling/grammar mistakes. Please tell me if there are and I will fix them immediately. I apologize if any details are not by the book - I'm basically just following the main events in the story as closely as I can while adding in a little extra. So I apologize if details (like sleeping arrangements) are a little off.

Anyways, please go ahead and read and comment telling me what you think and how I can improve my next chapter. (:

______________________________________________________________________________

I hurriedly ate my egg sandwich, washing it down with milk straight from the carton. I was running late, unfortunately. I pulled on my shoes and dug through the closet in the living room for a raincoat. I finally found a green one and grabbed my wand and my wallet. I pulled the coat on and made sure it covered as much of my body as possible before stepping into the fireplace with a handful of Floo Powder and announcing "The Burrow!"

I was engulfed by green flames, and when they died down I was standing in the Weasley's fireplace. "Good morning, Mr. Weasley." I greeted, stepping out of his fireplace. "May I leave my coat here?" I asked, reaching for the zipper of my soot covered raincoat.

"Good morning to you too, Andelynn!" Mr. Weasley smiled. "And yes, go right ahead." I thanked him and took my coat off, setting it on a hook of a nearby coat rack. I was pleased to see that there was very little soot on my clothes. I started dusting off my legs when Mr. Weasley informed me of the soot on my face.

I rushed up the stairs, headed for the bathroom, when I ran right into one of the twins. I almost fell back down the stairs, but he quickly caught me by the arm and pulled me up.

"Thanks, Fred." I smiled. I was one of the few people who could tell Fred and George apart from one another. Usually, I could tell just by looking at them. However, when I couldn't, I asked them to tell me a joke. If he talks about puns or uses a pick-up line on me, its Fred. If not, it's George.

Fred's the only one who knows I love puns and pick-up lines.

"You've got soot all over your face." Fred pointed out. "And your hands."

"Yeah, well, that happens when you decide to stick your face in someone's fireplace." I joked. "Now, if you'll excuse me, your bathroom sink is calling my name."

Fred sidestepped to the left, allowing me to pass. "Hurry up, Ande. We'll leave without you if you take too long." I was sure he was teasing, but I hurriedly washed the soot off my face and hands just in case.

I made my way back downstairs when I was soot-free to see Mr. Weasley, Fred and George, Ginny, Ron, Harry, and Hermione waiting in the living room. I was informed that Percy, Bill, and Charlie were going to apparate to the tournament later. Once we were all completely ready, we set off for the Portkey.

"Hey, Ande." George grinned, linking his left arm with my right.

"Want to make a bet?" Fred asked, linking his right arm with my left.

"Oh no, I am not making bets with you guys." I chuckled.

"Why not?" Fred asked.

"Afraid you'll lose?" George teased.

"No." I pouted. "But in the event that I lose, I don't want to have to empty my wallet."

"Fair enough." Fred and George shrugged, unlinking our arms.

After a little while, we met up with Cedric Diggory and his father and we all walked to the Portkey together. I was nervous to travel by Portkey. The last time I did, I threw up on my father's shoes. We all held onto the boot, which was our Portkey, and waited. Suddenly, I felt that familiar hook behind my belly button pulling me toward our destination.