Prologue

I ran my fingers over my gray overalls, feeling the numbers 1908. That was me...#1908. Funny how back then I thought that being called a number was normal. Funny how I thought anything on Cosima was "normal".

Cosima was torture, to say the least. Lord Kagan ruled Cosima. He loved wanted everything and everyone to be neat, balanced, and full of order.

Everyone was given a number and a schedule at birth. Your number represented you. It was basically the only thing they couldn't take away from you. Your schedule controlled your life. Some of the unfortunate Cosims (or as you say "people") got very unlucky schedules. Such as having to work before the heat ("sun") comes up, or having your one waste break in the middle of the night. Fortunately for me, I had a particularly lucky schedule.

#1908

1st bell- Eat

2nd bell- Work

3rd bell- Waste break

4th bell- Work

5th bell- Home

6th bell- Sleep

7th bell- Wake

I sighed as I picked up my bag. This light bag had all that I've ever owned. I crawled through the tunnel and sat in the white leather chair.

Here goes nothing.

~~~~

Entering a new book for the #JustWriteIt, the #EarthLove edition!

Why I took this challenge...I have no idea.

Writing a 10,000+ word story in a MONTH.

Wish me luck.

-H