Never Test the Beatz!

WARNING!! This chapter will include homophobic language/behavior. It wont last long, not with Shadow about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shadow watched frowning as Side paced the length of his bedroom. He wanted to go and console his boyfriend but with the way Sides hands were shaking in anger, he thought it would be best to stay back for the time being. How can family be so cruel. Shadow thought to himself, his own hatred for Side's cousin bubbling to the surface.

The smug look on his face was enough for Shadow to want to punch him. The only thing that held him back was the trouble that it could end up giving Side. Why did bad things always happen to the good people? Shadow sighed. He moved to sit on the edge of Side's bed, hoping that the younger man will calm down.

As soon as that thought reached Shadow's mind, Side stopped in the center of the room. Shadow jumped to his feet when Side's shoulders began to shake, a visible sign that he was crying. Shadow came up behind Side, spinning him round to face him. His heart broke as the tears fell down Side's face. Side let out a cry before burying his face into Shadow's shoulder.

Shadow's arms came up to wrap around his lover, his hand rubbing soft, soothing circles on his back. He whispers reassuring words into his ear hoping to settle down the now heaving cries that were just painful to listen to. He slowly backed them up to Side's bed and lowered them down onto the soft mattress. Side clung to him like a frightened child, his tears seaming endless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

They must have laid there for hours, or at least it seemed like that. Side had finally stopped crying and was fast asleep, curled in a ball due to sheer exhaustion. Shadow sat on the edge of the bed, his hand stroking through Side's hair. 

He was angry. No scratch that. Shadow was pissed! How dare anyone make Side act this way?! He was such an caring, sweet person. Why would anyone want to hurt him? Especially family. It was horrible! 

Shadow could hear the voices downstairs, Side mom's above the others. It was obvious she was not happy with how people were treating her son but it also sounded like the others were ganging up on her too. Shadow rose to his feet, leaning down to kiss Side on the head before heading to the door. 

He wasn't going to idly sit by and watch his 'family' be attacked for stupid reasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was chaos when Shadow reached downstairs. Side's mom was shouting at her sister. It seemed she was on the same side as her snotty nose son. 

"I am not going to make Jak apologize! Albi deserves it! The life he leads, its disgusting! How can you live with that?" She growled, stepping closer to Roza, a constant sneer on her face. Jak stood behind her, happily watching the events unfold. When he spotted Shadow watching he decided it was his time to talk.

"Well, look here. The faggot's little boyfriend. This is between family, why don't you take your fairy ass back upstairs?" Shadow smirked by the words, not fazed one bit.

"Well, the thing is Jaky boy, this is my business." He moved closer, standing not a foot away from the other man. "You see, this faggot does not like the way you treat his boyfriend. He doesn't like the way you make him feel so little that he has to cry himself to sleep." With each word, Shadow grows closer, his voice rising as the anger behind his words makes itself known.

Jak can see the anger rolling off Shadow, his eyes widening briefly before returning to glare. Roza and Side's aunt watched as the tension rose even further.

"Awww the little baby cried? What a little faggot." Jak mocked but backing up a little as he did. Shadow's eyes narrowed further. He had just had about enough of this shit. With quick movements, Shadow grabbed Jak's arm, ignoring the cry from the aunt and pulled him towards the front door. He flung it open, the door banging against the wall unintentionally. 

Jak let out a startled yelp as he was thrown through the now open door, his body hitting the driveway hard. Shadow stood over him, glaring down menacingly.

"Now, listen here Jak. Albi is twice the human being you will ever be. He has never done shit to you or your mother. He doesn't deserve to be treating any different than anyone else just because he likes fucking guys." He heard a small intake of breathe behind him and ignored it. Of course his aunt would be offended by that.

"So I am going to say this once and only once. Leave Albi alone or you will have hell to pay. You understand me?" He watched as Jak shakily nodded before turning his back and headed towards the house. He was not, however, ready to be tackled to the ground by Jak. 

His arms came up to protect his face as Jak reigned down upon him. Hit after hit. And Shadow could only think Man, this kid hits like a girl. With an serge of power, Shadow pushed Jak off, rising to his feet, his hands curling into fists by his sides. Jak stood in front of him, his breathing already heavy despite the lack of actual action. Awww, look at him, he's tired already. Shadow smirked.

Jak let out a fighting cry as he ran towards Shadow, but the musician was ready. With one timed moved, his fist made perfect contact with Jak's jaw, knocking him to the ground, groaning and crying. Shadow cracked is knuckles and made a show of blowing on his hand like a cowboy with a gun. He winked to Roza as she watched grinning at the scene. Well at least she isn't pissed at me.

He moved to her side as Aunt raced past him, scooping her son into her arms and ushering him to the car. She glared back at the two of them before getting into the drivers seat and leaving the property in a hurry. Roza sighed as she placed a hand on Shadow's shoulder. He faced her, concerned that maybe he did fuck up after all.

"Thank you Shadow. For defending my son. He is very lucky to have you in his life. This is how family is supposed to act." Tears formed in her eyes as she spoke. She pulled him into a tight hug before letting go, smiling softly at him.

"Now, you go get cleaned up and wake up your loverboy." She winked causing Shadow to blush slightly. "Andri will be home soon and I will need to explain all this to him. He never liked my side of the family anyway." She chuckled a little. "Now scoot! You and Albi can help me prepare dinner." And with that she disappeared into the house.

Shadow followed after her, closing the door. He never really liked violence, but when it came to the people he loved, he would defend them with honor. He slowly headed upstairs to wake Side up and to tell him that Jak will never hurt him again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, thats it for now! Sorry yet again for the delay, I am slowly getting back on my feet.

Next chapter will be solely Sidebeatz so you guys have that to look forward too ;) Also, this is not the last time we see Jak, he'll be back, and you can expect him to bring the fireworks!

Until next time buh bye!