Family Skate X Jake Virtanen

You woke up, engulfed in the arms of your boyfriend Jake Virtanen. He must have known you were awake because he began to squeeze you a little tighter. "Don't leave, just lie here with me for a few more minutes," he whispered softly in your ear. "I don't want to ruin this moment but don't you have some hockey thing this morning," you whispered to him as you rolled over to face him. He kissed you on the forehead and said "ya, the team's family skate is today but I will only go if you come with me." You responded by saying you would go but you didn't know how to skate. You then asked him why he hadn't invited his brother or parents. "I did ask but my parents won't skate and Stefan is busy with work or something. Don't worry, I will teach you how to skate." The two of you then got out of bed, made breakfast and began to get dressed. Jake put on his Vancouver track suit and you had put on leggings, a long sleeve shirt and your Canada Goose jacket. Jake looked at you and began to snicker. "That jacket is great for the weather outside but you probably don't want to wear it while you are on the ice." He grabbed one of his softest team hoodies and tossed it at you. "Here, you can wear this on the ice. It should be warm enough." You looked at him and smiled. Jake grabbed you a hat and a pair of mittens, just in case you got cold. He then went into a room where he grabbed you an old pair of hockey skate that would fit you. You both got in the car and he drove to the arena. You grabbed all the stuff he'd brought and Jake took you to the locker room where he hung your jacket up in his stall. As he did that you put on the sweater he'd given you and he helped tie your skates. He then put on his own skates and the two of you headed out to the ice. Jake stepped onto the ice then helped you onto the ice so that you wouldn't look like Bambi on ice. He held your hands to help support you, so that you wouldn't fall. Jake taught you how to stop and he then discovered that you were surprisingly a pretty good skater. Before long the two of you were racing each other around the ice. Jake won every time but not by much. You skated over to Jake and he had the biggest smile on his face. "For someone who has never skated before you are doing better than some of guys on my team," he said jokingly. He put his hands on your hips, pulled you closer and kissed you softly. The romantic moment was ruined by one of Jake's teammates yelling, "Jake, your girlfriend skates better than you maybe we should have drafted her." Jake wasn't even looking at you now, his head tucked into his own shoulder. Even though Jake knew his teammate was joking, you could tell that it still bothered him a little. You grabbed him by the chin and turn his head to face you again. "Ignore him, just remembered that I learned to skate from the best." He smiled and kissed you again. "I'm glad you came with me. Today has been a lot of fun," he said to you. The skate came to an end and you and Jake headed back to the locker room. Jake took off his own skates then took off yours, not that you couldn't do it yourself but he insisted. You grabbed your jacket and skates and headed home,where you guys spent the rest of the day snuggled up on the couch watching Netflix and laughing about the amazing day you had just had.