Chapter 6 The Past

4 years ago

"Hey, so you ready to go, we have people we can make cry today?" Romanoff yelled, grabbing my arm and pulling me towards SHIELD'S training room.
"I'm not so sure about this, I'm a soldier, not some goddamn instructor, and I don't wanna be responsible to train these people, remind me to punch my dad in the face later," I snickered, knowing the cameras probably relayed that message to my adopted father, Assistant Director Phil Coulson.
I sure as hell didn't want to be here either, I was supposed to be on a mission with Agent 11 and Barton, but instead, Tony opened his big mouth and now here I am, about to train the next wave of SHIELD agents, at least that's what my dad and Romanoff told me.

"Coulson thought it'd be a good idea for you to take a break, and so does Tony, since your breakup has made it's way around the grapevine. You're still gonna be out on the field, just not as much, you know, let the Avengers have some fighting time too," she sighed, pushing me into the training room, "have you given any thought to joining the team yet? You'd probably do a better job leading us, versus Tony and Steve?"
I caught my footing quickly, and angrily flipped her off, "Tony no longer gets to make these decisions or recommendations for my wellbeing, asshole, and no, I don't wanna join Fury's little boy band. I got enough during New York, and would rather not answer to Iron Man, or Captain America," I seethed, but it was the truth, and I liked the freedom of being an agent.
Orders still needed to be followed, but I was more or less alone to achieve my missions, and I liked it that way. I answered to my father, and Fury, no one else. Besides, like I mentioned, I had enough experience with both Captain America and Tony that left me questioning their judgment, and loyalty on the field. Pfff, if it wasn't for me, Rogers would of died on that goddamned carrier, like a moron, all because of Barnes. Oh, I understood he happened to be a friend, a long lost friend, but still, Barnes was lucky I didn't put him in a fucken body bag.

"Agent Winchester, Romanoff, still as lively as ever," The A.D's voice stated, bringing my attention to the four people, four very battle worn, and recognizable people, standing in front of me.
Then my jaw almost dropped once I noticed Captain America heading towards me with a small smile spread across his perfect face, almost as if he was happy to see me.
He shouldn't of been, not after I called him a dumbshit, and a few other names, while he layed on the beach, nearly dead, outside the Treskilion. Pfff, if it wasn't for me, carrying his heavy ass out of the water, he would of died, which I liked to remind him of such.

"Um, what the fuck's going on?" I questioned, and looked between my dad and the tall blonde approaching me. 

"Agent Winchester, it's nice to formally meet you, under better circumstances, Coulson speaks very highly of you, and I've seen you in action, I think you'll be an asset here, to all of us," the Captain decreed, shaking my hand and flashing his megawatt smile at me.
"I'm sorry, what?" I babbled, and looked down at his warm hand, still holding mine.
Oh I definitely knew who he was, not only from fighting next to him, but from dad and Tony, even Peggy told me stories of this man, who seemed more like a mythological hero, than a human being.
That image didnt last long though, not after the fall of SHIELD.
When I first saw him, during the incident in New York, I stayed away from his bright light, then again I was dating Tony, and too invested in work, to even notice the handsome man standing in front of me, but unfortunately, I was noticing it now.
Plus Tony told me about the way his dad also idolized the Captain, wishing he was still around, while leaving nothing but harsh words for his only son, which kind of made me feel a little wayward towards the man.
Although, if I wasn't a trained agent, and a little heart broken, I would of fallen over when he finally touched my hand, and it didn't help to realize he was probably one of the most beautiful men I'd ever seen in my life, and I'd seen some hot males.
Captain Steven Rogers's hair was a dark blonde, with broad, strong shoulders, tall, with a tight white t-shirt that left little to the imagination, underneath a brown leather jacket, but I shook myself and sent a scathing look towards my dad and Tasha.