Chapter Fifteen

30 reads/ 5 votes for next chapter. ♥

            It’s the day of Tasneem’s wedding and my mother does mine and Tamara’s hair and makeup. We have our dresses laid out on our beds waiting for us. Tamara has a gorgeous black lace dress that makes her look extremely skinny. She has her hair up in a nice bun with a few curls falling around her face. As she gets into her dress my mom comes into my room with a few simple dresses. “I know you can’t wear heels or something too tight. So I got you other dresses to choose that you could wear with flats.” She says laying out the dresses on my bed letting me choose the dress. I try them all on, and I go with a black and white floral dress that reaches a little above my knees. My mom hands me these gorgeous flats and I thank her with a sad smile on my face. I really wish I could have worn something fancier, but nothing would fit with the huge cast that’s around my leg. She goes through my hair making it look perfect. She curled it to perfection and sprayed it to one side of my head holding it there with bobby pins and extra hairspray. “You girls look absolutely amazing.” My mother gushes wrapping both Tamara, and I in huge bear hugs. I laugh and hug her back.

            I look at Tamara jealous because she’s going to look ten times better in the perfect dress. Everything about her screams beautiful with her long dirty blond hair, her green eyes, and her tall skinny figure. She has curves in all the right places, even though she’s only 15, well 16 in a few weeks. She still has the perfect body. She’s 15 and she’s so much taller than me. Me being a mere 5’0 her beating me at a tall 5’6, I shake my head and remember who we’re talking about. She’s my best friend, my soul sister, and I know she’s beautiful, but she has it so much harder than I do. I smile at her and hug her. “You look beautiful wouldn’t be surprised if you got hitched soon.” I say with a wink. She shoves me playfully and I tumble on my bad leg and she rushes to my side. “Oh my god. I’m so sorry Sara.” She says holding my hand to stop me from falling.

            “It’s okay. I’m fine.” I say smiling at her.

            A few minutes later, my brother walks into the room to let us know we’re leaving now. Tamara walks out and I limp my way out behind Jihad. Once we reach the stairs he helps me down knowing I wouldn’t make it down alone. Once my feet reach the floor of the first floor he lets go and walks to the kitchen calling out to someone. Next thing you know, Troy is walking next to Jihad in a really nice tux. I stare at him with wide eyes. He looks really good. After a few seconds of checking him out I look around the room trying to hide my blush. He’s really good looking and I can’t help but glance at him a few times. His greenish, blue eyes, with the perfect tan. I lick my lips at the way I could see his muscles tense when he carries my mother’s gift for the bride and groom. “Hey Sara.” Troy says looking at me with that gorgeous smile of his. I wave at him speechless. “Hey Tamara.” He says looking over at Tamara as well she says hi back and as soon as he’s out of hearing distance she turns to me.

            “You’ve got bad.” She whispers before walking away with a chuckle.

            If he’s riding with us it is going to be really awkward because I could definitely tell that I’m getting a crush on him. Whether it is small or big, this is the first time I’ve ever felt like this. The thought of him alone brings a blush to my cheeks. I know things are going to get awkward with us now. I know he cares for me too, I mean he said it himself that he cares about me, does that mean he likes me too? I shake my head at the thought. He probably just sees me as a sister or something. I mean him liking Tamara is more likely the girl is gorgeous.

            “You coming?” I hear in my ear. I turn to see Troy there with a smirk on his face. I notice the house is empty besides us too. I guess everyone is in the car waiting for us.