Arden caught my hand tightly.

"Leave her." He growled. My wolf was begging me to kill the disrespectful pup. I felt my eyes turn completely black. Arden's hand was digging into my back and I was sure I had a few deep wounds that were going to be formed.

Not deeper than the one in my little rogue heart.

"Keep her down Rosemarie." He growled, no Little Rogue.

I threw her body on the ground, but made sure that I didn't use my full strength. I was angry, but I was also ashamed that I used my power on a girl who was so weak. Her resistance had been half-hearted and futile, which made my human mind tingle in curiosity. How had an Alpha chosen someone so pitiful to be his partner?

I turned around and ran full speed into the woods that were calling to me. I needed to cool off and I was also not going to shed tears over a mate that I didn't really want but had follow back anyways.

I had followed him back. It was my fault, I was the one who didn't want him. But my heart hurt so much, I felt rejected.

I turned around to see Arden cradling the girl gently, trying to wake her up. My heart clenched once more before I started to run.

Idiot. Cruel. I'll kill him. No, I'll kill her. I'll chop his little dick off in his sleep.

I could sense that someone was following me, even though I couldn't be sure who it was. Only a few scents from this pack were familiar to me and I was sure that it wasn't Arden. He didn't even bother to follow me.

A huge wolf tackled me but I felt no sparks that came in a package with the mate bond.

The wolf shifted back to his human form, that stood tall in all his naked glory.

"Shift back and don't even think of running."

I had no doubts that I could easily outrun him, but he seemed alright. Plus I needed my bag of possessions that I had stupidly left in Arden's car and I refused to go from this pack without it.

I shifted back and leaned against the tree beside me, my legs crossed and eyes averted from his family jewels. I was naked and so was he.

Not awkward at all.

I recognized him as Arden's beta by to his strong, sweet scent. He was quite hot. He, like Arden had dark lashes and black hair, but his eyes were a stunning hazel colour. On one cheek he had a dimple that was very deep and his nose was perfectly straight. He had a slight scar next to his lip that made him look slightly rebellious.

I tried to remember his name but I drew a blank.

"What's your name?" I asked him curiously, looking him straight in the eye. He was visibly struggling to not check me out. Nudity wasn't the problem, but the fact that I was not his but his Αlpha's mate would surely be making the wolf inside him agitated.

"You don't know your mates beta's name?" He asked me amused.

"He is not my mate!" I said hurriedly. But then after a second of thinking I didn't continue further, instead I frowned like a petulant child that didn't get her bidding done. "Plus it's not like your beloved Alpha talks a lot."

He raised his hands in surrender.

"Okay! Come on, I will take you to the pack house." He threw me a large t-shirt that seemed as though it appeared from thin air. Couldn't he have given me the t-shirt before?

"To be disrespected again? What? Am I meant to be second to his girlfriend? A mistress when they are married?" I snarled and wore it.

"Its complicated. You're jealous and angry, I get it, he is your mate." The beta said.

"Oh! You haven't seen my real anger."

"And I don't even want to." He mumbled. "Let's just go back to the pack house for tonight, please." He begged.

I nodded my head stiffly.

"Oh and by the way, my name is Castile." He smiled.

-----*------

Trouble before the relationship even started?

Do you think Castile should be a possible love interest?

Do you think there can be more than what meets the eye?

Please share your views in the comment section!