Jason’s POV:

            I followed the rest of the guys into the large house that was already spilling with the younger generation of werewolves. Teens flocked through the house with cups full of alcohol and music pounding around them. The little kids and parents never came to this Halloween Bash. It was strictly for the teens.

            “You guys certainly know how to throw a party.” I murmured as I looked around. Strobe lights flickered through the room and people danced closely all around us. I guess we had found the makeshift dance floor.

            “Werewolves know how to party.” Scott said, grinning.

            “Let’s get something to drink.” Evan said rather gruffly. I can’t figure out what’s been bugging him. The last two months he’s been bipolar, sad and unresponsive one moment, alert and mad the next. Something seemed to happen when I got here, he’s just unwilling to share what it was. If he keeps acting like this, whenever he meets his mate she’s not going to want his moody ass.

            Ha! I laughed, Evan having a mate. I just couldn’t picture it. For as long as I have known him he’s always been the non-commitment kind of guy. He doesn’t date, he just sleeps around. I’m pretty sure that’s why he’s with Sadie; I’ve heard she’s pretty good in bed. If I were the brother of his mate, I wouldn’t let him near my sister. My sister. Sutton. I sighed sadly thinking of her as I walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a plastic cup filled with alcohol. Evan isn’t the only one acting weird lately. Sutton keeps pushing me away and won’t tell me why. I remember for a few days after she was…attacked, I grimaced at the word, she had locked herself up in her room and refused to speak to anyone. Her friend, Lisa, seemed to have made her snap out of it but she still won’t talk to me much. Taylor? They’re closer than ever, my jealousy spikes every time I see them together.

             I find it a little strange that Evan and Sutton both are acting weird at the same time, but their problems can’t possibly be related. They’re rarely in the same room for heaven’s sake! Why? A voice in my head questioned. It’s almost like they avoid being in the same room. Why is that? The voice once again pestered me.

            Whoa. What-What is that smell? I swiveled my head around, looking for its source. It was so sweet smelling, like violets and sunshine. I followed the scent back to the closely packed dance floor, leaving behind my guys. Over by the door I recognized Sutton and immediately wanted to wrap a jacket or something around her. Her dress was way too short for my liking, but from the looks she was getting, other guys liked it. The scent hit me once again and my thoughts about the length of Sutton’s dress flew away.

Stop standing there and go find the source you idiot! My wolf ordered.

            I listened to him and wound my way closer to Sutton and the group of girls surrounding her. I recognized Lisa and Lilah dressed similarly to Sutton and I was pretty sure that was Scott’s mate in the leather jacket. I walked past them towards the door, thinking wherever the scent emanated from was farther beyond them. I paused, the scent hitting me again only stronger. Wherever the sweet smell was coming from it was close.

            I looked back over at Sutton as she started to move away, towards the kitchen. The girls followed behind her, almost in a line. Lisa moved behind Sutton, then Kat, Lilah following behind her and moving to reveal someone I had not originally seen. She was smaller than the rest of them but I wouldn’t call her short. Her cinnamon colored hair was pulled up into a high ponytail and her pale skin looked so delicate. I couldn’t see her face clearly as I fought my way through a few people, suddenly desperate to get to her. She had a confused look on her face and was about to follow Katherine before stopping short. I had just reached her when she turned around and looked at me.