Chapter 12

We sat on the floor and didn’t do anything. I felt like someone was watching me. The screeching never stopped but it did get quieter. I soon fell asleep but it was almost time for class. Axel woke me up for class but I didn’t answer him. He helped me up and we walked to my room so I could get dressed. When he opened the door it looked like a tornado had been in there. I didn’t go into my room, I was to afraid. When I didn’t move he went in and got my cloak. When he opened the closet door there was a figure in the door. He grabbed my cloak and took me back to his room so I could get dressed. When I was zipping it up I looked at my wrist. There was a purple band on it. I tried to remember something about home but couldn’t. on the way to class I noticed a small lock on it. I put one of my claws in the hole and jiggled it a little. It popped open and I pulled it off. I ran to the 4th floor and back. I’d dropped it somewhere on the 4th floor. We were almost to class by now and I stopped in my tracks. I was frozen. I didn’t see anything that scared me but I didn’t feel anything. I was scared now. “Marxie?” Axel asked. I couldn’t move. I Collapsed on the ground and took deep breaths. Whatever had just happened was over now. The tears ran down my face and I looked around me. I didn’t see anything but Axel. I wrapped my arms around his neck tightly. “your freezing.” he said as he pulled my arms off his neck. I shivered one last time then I was a cat. I meowed softly. I looked up at Axel to see his expression and regretted it. I looked down and a tear rolled down my face. He picked me up and carried me to class. I looked at him and he petted my head. I smiled and we walked into Xigbar’s class. He put me on the floor and I walked by his side. I shivered and I was standing next to him. He petted my head again and I smiled. I looked down and another tear rolled down my face. I shivered again and I was a cat. I looked up confused. “why do you keep doing that?” he asked. I didn’t know. I sat and meowed at his feet. He picked me up and carried me. When he was within Lexie’s hearing range I meowed as loud as I could. Lexie looked at him and then she looked at me. I looked down and jumped out of his arms. Axel and Lexie ran after me. I ran to a corner and they both ran at me. I was starting to rethink this. When they both ran towards me I ran under their legs. They hit their heads together and I sat there looking at them. I coked my head and looked up with innocent eyes. Axel got up first and started to chase me again. I ran towards a wall and stopped. Then Axel, paying no attention what so ever, ran head first into the wall. When he looked at me he had blood running down his face. I turned human again and apologized. “this is not my fault.” I said. “how is this not your fault?!” he exclaimed. I looked down. “if you hadn’t- meow.” I started. I was a cat again?!?!?! “are you okay?” he asked. I shook my head no. why did I keep doing this? I only turn into a cat when I get cold. I looked up at him and he picked me up. I smiled but I didn’t know if he saw it. He ran to Vexen’s class and ran in. “Vexen?” he called. He looked up from a paper and looked at Axel then at me. “Why are you holding a cat?” he asked. The cat?! I hissed at him and he laughed. “he didn’t mean it.” Axel whispered to me. “it cant possibly under stand you.” Vexen said. IT?!?!?! So now I’m an it?! I thought. I jumped out of Axel’s arms and walked over to Vexen. I sat next to his foot and dug my teeth into his ankle. He kicked me off his leg and I hit my leg on the wall. “Marxie!!!” Axel yelled running to me. I couldn’t lift my head up. “You named your cat Marxie?” Vexen asked. “no! that is Marxie!!” Axel yelled. Vexen looked at me and ran over. I was human again. I put my hand on my head and I felt a small gash in my head. I opened my eyes and looked at my hand. More blood. I closed my eyes and Axel helped me sit up. I hit Vexen as hard as I could. “rule number three, do NOT hurt an animal or I will hurt you.” I snarled weak fully. “are you okay?” Axel asked. I nodded and put my head on his chest. They helped me up and Vexen apologized. He asked where my bracelet was and I told him that it fell off in the basement. He looked at my head and said it wasn’t going to need stitches or anything.