Fire

The harsh smell of smoke filled the jungle air and clouded Jihara's nose, the rain having ended ours ago, only to be replaced by extreme dryness with the heat.
A large tree covered most of Jihara's vision. The tree was big, wider than from the tip of Jihara's tail to her head and taller than even a great Brachiosaurus, that roams the greener parts of the vast jungle.
Though Jihara did not care about that, what she cared about was the big hole at the bottom of the tree. Where her prey, an injured iguanodon, rested in human form, in a room that could hold six velociraptors, like Jihara.

The prey was female and was obviously separated from her herd. How? Jihara did not know, though what she did know was that the iguanodon's wound was fresh. So fresh it had to be a few ours old at the most and since the wound was located near the iguanodon's nose. It could not smell Jihara because the smell of blood would drown Jihara's sent out.

Jihara licked her needle sharp teeth, as the pain of hunger are at her. Though Jihara knew she couldn't attack. The prey had been smart, real smart, with having built a fire to ward off the smell of blood and instead replace it with smoke. Though Jihara was lucky, she had been close enough to the prey to catch the smell of blood, before the iguanodon had built a fire. Other predators had probably smelt the sweet smell of blood also but were warded off by the smell of fire.
Though Jihara had been quick, she had not been quick enough to kill the iguanodon before it made the fire. Now Jihara had to watch and wait, for her prey to fall asleep, less she be struck by her prey with fire.

The iguanodon stood to her feet, her pale human skin flashing in the fire light. Jihara's muscles coiled, ready to spring if the iguanodon decided to take a step outside the hole.

The iguanodon moved towards the fire, picking up a stray stick that laid half in and half out of the fire. Jihara's green eyes became slits, curious of what her prey was doing.

The iguanodon moved further in the hole and jabbed the end of the burning stick in the ground, before moving a few feet away, crouching to the ground to stare at a cluster of colorful stones that laid there on the ground.

Jihara bared her teeth and her muscles coiled tighter. This was her chance, to kill her prey while it was distracted.

Jihara sucked in a small breath and sprung from her hiding place of large ferns. Within a few feet of her prey, her prey turned, it's eyes widening before it quickly begins to shift to its true form.

Jihara pounced and quickly latched on to the half shifted iguanodon with her teeth. The iguanodon let out a scream of pain, before slamming Jihara into a wall of the tree.

Pain bloomed on Jihara's side, but Jihara quickly recovered, letting go of the iguanodon as it finished its shift, before striking again. Both prey and predator engaged in fierce contact teeth flashing, skin tearing. Both were so immersed in their battle that neither of them realized  that the stick of fire the prey had put on the ground earlier, had fallen over and that the large dry tree,they were inside, had quickly caught fire.

Jihara hung onto the iguanodon's back with her raptor claws, as the iguanodon attempted to ram Jihara into the wall of the tree. The iguanodon's neck moved, leaving an opening for Jihara and one that Jihara took. Blood filled Jihara's senses, as Jihara's fangs clamped down on the iguanodon's neck, staying in place as the Iguanodon died.

Jihara's savored victory was short lived when the now flaming tree had begun to collapse on top of her. Jihara let out a growl of annoyance, annoyed at having to leave her hard earned kill and annoyed at herself for forgetting about the fire.

A fiery branch fell in front of Jihara and on top of the iguanodon. Jihara let out a sigh and raced out of the fiery tree.