136 Days Before

• Věnováno everyone

 I just want everyone to know that I really tried my hardest on this story because I enjoy writing for people but never really written more this a funny short story for my friends. so I really hope you enjoy reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing it. Thank you just for checking it out. xD                                                                                                                             ♥MyLifeAsAidan  

The Edge Of Glory

        “What time are you getting here?” Bernadette, one of my closes friends asked the minute I answered her call.

“Listen, I’m not going. I-”

“What do you mean your not coming!?”

“Hear me out, Bear, before you say anything! I came down with the flu or something.” I replied into the phone. I hoped that using my little nickname for her would calm her down.

“Well then I hope you puke your brains out.” Bernadette stated in a very serious tone right before hanging up her phone leaving me with a very harsh dial tone.

        Sighing, I throw my phone down next to me on the bed. Bernadette has always been a very dramatic person so her behavior tonight wasn’t surprising one bit. I met her when I was 12 and since our father’s companies went hand in hand with each other, our families were always really close. Once every year her father would hold a banquet to cerebrate the all they have archived over the year. I was regretting not being able to attend that party tonight but I wasn’t going to risk the embarrassment of throwing up in front of my father’s business men.

As if reading my mind, my father came into my room wearing a black suit, holding a glass of water, and a aspirin.

“Here you go Eve, hope you feel better. I’m taking Abby and Carson so you can have some peace and quit and some rest. You’ll be completely alone except for the guards at the front gate. I should be home around midnight. Sooner if-”

“Dad! I’ll be fine. Don't rush back. I’ll probably sleep the whole time always.” I laugh which then turned into a cough, causing my raw throat to burn.

"Take this. It's an aspirin. It Should help that cough and give you a few hours of sleep." Dad said while putting the aspirin on the little table next to my bed.

                 My father was a tall man and well built unlike Bernadette’s father who was short and chubby from a life of being pampered. My family wasn’t born with this wealthy life style. My mother and father had lived an average middle class life until my mother passed on after giving birth to my little brother and sister, Carson and Abby. That was really a hard time for us. Not long after, my father lost his job and had to move us to a run down apartment in a bad part of town. Seeing the effects of drugs on people, my father vowed to do something about it. So he started developing drug detectors and with the help of Bernadette’s father, made a good name for himself and as his inventions started to sell, he made a lot of money.

           I could clearly see the hard ship of life on my fathers face as he gave me a final kiss on the forehead and left my room. I listen as he gathered up Carson and Abby and left out the front door. And after the click of the front door locking, the house fell silent. Sitting up, I felt my throat tighten as my stomach threaten to come up. Grabbing the pill off the table, I put it in my mouth and swallowed down the whole glass of water. When finally my stomach stop doing back flips and my throat relaxed, I laid back down and let the drowsiness that the pill caused calm my body and allow me to fall into a dreamless sleep, never hearing my phone from under the bed where it had fallen viciously going off.