Saavedro Brothers: Summer Scent

“As soon as I look up, his eyes click onto my face. The breath whooshes out of my body and everything freezes for a second, as though I’m looking at him through my camera lens, zoomed in all the way, the world pausing for that tiny span of time between the opening and closing of the shutter…” 

She closed the book. This book was called “Delirium”, which was written by Lauren Oliver, and she owned this copy she’s currently reading. Nakakatawa nga lang isipin na bigla niya itong napag-trip-an basahin. Reading is not her hobby. Regalo lang ng kaibigan niya ang librong ito.

But she’s reading it and it’s really odd for her! Kahit siya, hindi rin niya maintindihan kung bakit. Nagsimula lang naman niya itong basahin ng makilala ang lalaking iyon.

She sighed. According to the book, love is a horrible disease that must be destroyed from the human system. She knew that it was just a work of fiction pero parang gusto niyang maniwala. Love is indeed horrible and it is making her sick!

In love siya? Yes! Her heart will berserk every time she thinks about that guy she met last summer. Hinahanap-hanap din niya ang presensya nito. Hindi pa ba sapat iyon para masabing mahal na niya ito?

But, the question is, where is he? Hindi niya alam dahil pagkatapos ng gabing iyon, he left her. Wala siyang iniwan na kahit ano para rito. Ni contact number ay wala siya.

She took another deep breath. Pigilin man niyang huwag itong isipin, hindi niya magawa. Her heart was indeed stupid and love was really an annoying thing. Sana talaga’y pwede itong alisin sa sistema ng tao, katulad ng nabasa niya sa libro.

Will this feeling last forever?

No answer.

Will it also fade away just like the scent of summer?

She didn’t know but she hoped so.

Saavedro Brothers Side Story Present…

 “SUMMER SCENT”

Soon.