Prologue

"My condolences, Ms. Pierce. Your father was a great man and will be missed."

"I'm so sorry Ms. Pierce, I can't even imagine the pain you are going through."

"Ms. Pierce if you need me to temporarily become the CEO, I will humbly accept."

"If you need any help, especially with the business and accounting. I will be happy to take over...for the time being"

All of these people at my father's funeral were actors. They all seemed like caring and emphatic people, but they are only trying to grab for power. They're corrupt, greedy, and gluttonous. Every single one of them are phonies.

My father died three days ago. The police said it was a murder. And of course they haven't found the killer. I don't know why anyone would kill my father. He was an exception to the typical businessman . He was kind and generous;he was strong and brave; he was smart and clever. He gave to charity, helped the poor, funded research to cure diseases, and even volunteered in the community. We weren't those rich families that were stingy but we cared about others and wanted to improve the conditions of the helpless.

Maybe that's why he was killed. He was too perfect. He was a single father with two children to raise and a international company to run.

Maybe people were jealous of what he had. He had the looks, the skills, the physical capabilities, the perfect family, and the background. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore, because he's dead. My father is dead.

Today I am a my father's funeral surrounded by greedy people. They all say the same things and act like they care. They are all from the rich and yet they want more.

They try to pry on my weakened state, but I guess they didn't know that I'm my father's girl.