"Name?" she asked. "Do you have a full name yet?"

Harry answered, "Frederick Andrew William David Smith."

"Smith?" Charles questioned.

"My last name," Lucy said. "He'll never be King, and if he gets a job someday, he needs a last name."

Charles' blue eyes fluttered up her, amusement in his eyes. "Of course."

Soon the photographer was gone, along with Charles and Camilla. The photographs would be released later, once all the information was shared. The photographs just needed to be made perfect, because everyone looked perfect less than twenty-four hours after a baby came out of their body. The smile on Lucy's face dropped as soon as they were alone, all alone with their son. Even the bodyguards and personal assistants had left. They were alone.

"Harry, I need to shower really badly," Lucy said.

He nodded. "Go, I got him."

Lucy kissed her husband on the cheek and slowly moved to the stairs.

"Luce, quick thing," Harry said before Lucy went upstairs to take a shower. She looked back. "It is expected that two children are born in close session, like two years. That's the difference between Wills and me."

Lucy stared at her husband. "You really want to have sex right now--"

"What? No, Luce, that's not what I--"

"A massive child just came out of usually small hole. You know how small the hole is usually. It would not be enjoyable for either of us."

"Luce, that's not what I meant. I-- I didn't-- I'm sorry. Not the time."

Lucy walked up the stairs to take a shower.

Undressing as quickly as she could, Lucy stepped into the steaming shower. The hot water burned his skin, not that she could feel it. Tiredness rocked her body. All she wished to do was sleep. For most of the time in the shower, Lucy just stood there. She couldn't move; her body wouldn't allow her to move. Water just flowed around her. She couldn't even get soap into her hair. Lucy told herself to move, because she didn't know much time she had before Fred woke up. Still, her body didn't move.

"Luce!" Harry called from downstairs. She had left all the doors open so that she would hear her husband. "He wants to be fed and I can't do it."

She sighed into the water. "I'll be right there." Lucy pressed her forehead to the tile of the shower.

After getting out of shower, Lucy put on clean sweats and ran downstairs. Fred hadn't stopped crying, even though Harry tried to calm him. All Fred wanted was food. He was placed into the arms of Lucy, and she immediately took out a breast.

"Harry, go get some sleep while you can."

He nodded and took off upstairs.

After the feeding, Fred was put to sleep in his crib in his nursery, which would've served as his room for the rest of his life here in this apartment at Kensington Palace. Lucy flopped on the bed beside Harry, who slept soundly. It only took an hour for Fred to wake up, and it was Harry's turn. It ended up being that Fred needed his diaper changed, which Harry did. He climbed back into bed after Fred fell asleep again. It wasn't even midnight yet when Fred woke up again; it was Lucy this time.

She checked his nappy, but that didn't need to be changed. Lucy took her son down to feed him, so that she could watch some television while he fed. The television was on low hum with American news that happened to be broadcasting in her old home country.

"Finally, tonight," said the news anchor, "we have happy news to announce and you probably haven't been able to escape the news all day." Pictures flashed up on the screen, the ones that were taken only a few hours ago. The pictures were made to be perfect, not that anyone felt that way now.

"The Prince and Princess of Wales, also known as Harry and Lucy, had a son today. His name is Frederick Andrew William David Smith. Quite a mouthful, and yes, that is a last name." Another picture of the couple with the baby. "The baby is an Independence Day baby in America, though born in London. He was born on the Fourth of July, 2022, at 1:33 in the morning." The news anchor went on to say that Fred was a big baby. Lucy felt he was heavy. "The King and Queen, also known as Grandpa and Grandma, met the baby boy today," another picture flashed up, "and as you can tell, they were overjoyed.

"Congratulations to the family, and good luck."

That was what Lucy needed. She needed good luck.

After the baby was fed, Fred was put back in his crib. It only took an hour before he cried again-- Harry's turn. After Fred was put back into the crib, the baby cried thirty minutes later-- Lucy's turn. Fred was placed back into the crib. The baby boy cried again, Harry's turn, and then it was Lucy's turn, and then it was Harry's turn, and then it was Lucy's turn. It went back and forth. Neither of them truly wanted a nanny when they had a baby-- they wanted to do it themselves. Now both of them truly wanted sleep.

Lucy got up again.