“Dammit, Bleu! When are you going to realize that I will always take care of you, even if you don’t need me?”

I was blushing furiously, gritting my teeth and trying not to retort something because I knew I’d regret it later.

“Stop trying to be my superhero.” I muttered, turning my head to look out the window. 

Two hours later we pulled into my driveway, the tension not ceasing but at least the anger was gone…mostly. I grabbed my backpack out of the backseat, meeting Niall around the front. I stopped short, my eyes meeting his as he lifted the sunglasses on his head, a frown evident on his face. Neither of us said anything, and it was starting to scare me--until he pulled me into his chest. Again, he said nothing, only wrapped his arms tight around me and rested his chin on my head. I sighed in relief, sinking into his warmth and closing my eyes, breathing him in. I still didn’t like the fact that he thought he could run my life for me, but I could understand why he said the things that he did. And it was touching, I was just upset. 

He brought me out of my thoughts when he took a deep breath, still holding onto me. “Thank you for being there.” He said, and I cleared my throat.

“Of course.” My voice was quiet, his yelling coming back to me. I broke away suddenly, an expression flashing across his features, but it was gone, his mask of anger back in place. “I’m going to go inside. Thank you for taking me.” I said, backing away slowly and letting his hands drop down to his sides. He only nodded, sliding his glasses down again and turning away, not even a glance behind him as he got in his car and drove away. I didn’t want to admit it, but the lack of reaction hurt.

Darren's POV

I slammed the door to my apartment, running a hand over my face in frustration and stress. There was so much bullshit going on right now, and I just didn’t want to deal with it. With my forehead rested against the door, I hadn’t realized that she was here until her wary, quite-frankly annoying voice chimed, “Darren, Baby? What’s wrong?”

I whirled around, seeing the blonde-haired beauty staring worriedly at me. “I didn’t know you were here, Tammy.” I sighed, and she pulled the short, skimpy robe she had on around her shoulders.

“Well, I wanted to surprise you, since Ben lost the fight.”

I narrowed my gaze, not really wanting to talk about this…especially not with her. I only shrugged, playing it off. That was the least of my worries, really.

“That’s not why you’re here.” I stated, and she blushed.

“I wanted to see you.” Her voice was quiet as I approached her, her eyes roaming my body. A smirk hinted at my features.

“I know why you’re here.” I said, tilting her chin up to meet my eyes. Fear was evident in hers, something I’d seen ever since I’d known her. I liked it. 

“Darren--” She whimpered, and I shook my head. “No, no, don’t be like that, Baby. It’ll be fun this time, promise.” I said, and her mouth moved but no words came out. “I understand that Bleu showed you just what I told you she would, yes?” I asked, turning her head to the side to examine the prominent bruising on the side of her face.

Tammy’s eyes squinted into a glare, a frown forming on her face and she pushed me away. I laughed, but she did not think this was funny.

“She’s a bitch. I don’t know what you ever saw in her.” She spat, crossing her arms over her chest. 

I slammed her into the wall, growling lowly because no one talked about Bleu like that. “Don’t you dare say anything against Bleu, you whore.”