TWO

MARK WASN'T phased when the green-haired boy walked into the room. He was strange looking, but there were plenty of strange looking people on campus, and he was just another one amongst the masses. He wasn't going to give the new kid another thought until he realized something: The boy was staring at him. And this made him excessively uncomfortable. But of course he couldn't let the boy know that, so he stared right back. The boy's eyes were a very bright blue, and they were very pretty. Eventually the green-haired boy broke their self-declared staring contest to speak with Professor Davis, a short man with salt-and-pepper hair. As the two talked, the door opened again. None other than the school's most infamous gay, Tyler Oakley, walked in. Mark smiled at the lilac boy and waved him over, immediately diving into gossip that only Tyler could dig up.

"Did you hear about Dodie and Jon?" Tyler spoke, setting his bag down on his desk and fixing his pastel quiff. Mark shook his head and pulled a pouch of skittles from his own bag, offering Tyler one. Grabbing four orange ones, Tyler sighed. "Honestly Mark, get with the times. But anyways, rumor has it that they totally hooked up after the party at Dan's. Joey told me that he saw them sneaking off, but who knows with him. Know what I mean?"

Mark sighed a little, honestly not caring about Dodie Clark and Jon Cozart's alleged hookups. But because Tyler was one of his best friends, he smiled and nodded. Tyler took that as a cue to continue.

"Yea. And who would've thought? Dodie's such a prude, I'm pretty sure I saw her hanging up abstinence posters outside the South Wing. But not gonna lie, I'm kind of proud of Jon for finally getting some. Its been far too long. But anyways, what's new in the world of Mark?" Tyler spoke remarkably quickly, downing all four skittles after finishing.

Mark shrugged, pushing a piece of candy floss colored hair from his face, "Not much. Coach is still pushing us for the game. Matt and Ryan are still trying to hide their homo. Pink dye is still fading. I'm still trying to figure out how your gay is so preposterously loud."

Tyler laughed, and incredibly loud and obnoxious laugh, and shrugged.

"It's in the genes."

Mark laughed next, his face going slightly pink. He was quickly shushed by Professor Davis as the final students took their seats and got settled in. Tyler turned around in his desk to face the board, rolling his eyes subsequently. And so the professor droned on, and soon enough Mark was lost in his own fantasy land of pizza and cute boys. He was only cut out of his thoughts when the bell rung, signaling the end of class.

•-•

"Why is there even still a bell? We're in college, not sophomore year of high school." Tyler complained, draping his messenger bag over his shoulder as he exited the Main Building with Mark. The pink haired boy shrugged, pushing stray strands of hair from his face.

"I dunno, Ty. Maybe its because we're run by old snobbish white guys. Maybe its because this is a private academy and they can do whatever they want. Or maybe its because you're a flaming homosexual with purple hair." Mark spoke, waving to Matt and Ryan, two guys he had class with. They waved back and he returned his attention to Tyler, who was already talking a mile a minute about Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee totally being together.

"- and then he supposedly just walked off. Like who does that y'know? Especially when you have so much responsibility to the team."

Mark was fairly sure what Tyler was speaking about, so he replied as not to seem rude.

"Tyler the robotics team is not that serious. You aren't even on it. I'm sure Joe has great reason to be leaving. You know he doesn't just leave for no reason. Calm down."

Tyler sighed over dramatically, pushing his black-rimmed glasses up his nose. "Still. He's being pissy and all I'm saying is that despite leaving the team, he still hanging around with Caspar. And he supposedly hated Caspar when he was on the team."

Mark rolled his eyes to the point of no return and looked at Tyler. "Listen, Caspar and Joe are just Caspar and Joe. Stop over analyzing. Besides, if your source is Joey, I doubt any of its true."

Tyler nodded, pushing a stray strand of lilac hair from his face, "You're right. And this hairspray sucks. I've got to meet up with Korey at the Chinese place in the city now, but I'll see you at the coffee house at say..." Tyler paused to check the time, and most likely his schedule, on his phone. "Three-thirty?"
Tyler had the kind of busy schedule that was packed to the rim everyday, which meant that everything was planned precisely and wisely.

Nevertheless Mark nodded, pushing the sleeves of his dark red letterman jacket up to his elbows. He waved to Tyler as he walked off. And finally, the green haired boy returned to his mind.

yoooooooooooooooooooo im peter and i write this sparkly garbage that i call a book and so far im really feelin it aight thanks