C1; Until Graduation

DISCLAIMER: (2022)
I wrote this story when I was much younger, hence many mistakes and errors, I am sorry. Enjoy x

Eloise

"Get back here, whore!" One of their voice's shouted. I could hear their footsteps behind me, even see their shadows on the sidewalk. I continued to dart down an alleyway in hope they'd just give up and go home - but sadly that was never the case.

I came up to a wall. Dead end.
"Shit." I mumbled, before hearing a laugh behind me.

"Dead end loser! Now hand me your wallet." The blonde bitch spoke. She was the lead bully, the one who never backed away.

"No! Why can't you just leave me alone?" My voice trembled as I backed away until my back hit the wall.

"Where's the fun in that?" She remarked, taking a step closer.

I tried to muster up a reply but it was no use. I was pretty much speechless and my eyes were stinging from holding back the tears.

"Hurry up Alice. My mom wants me back by 6." A short but rough looking red haired girl blurted out from the right.

Alice turned to her and growled. Like literally growled. "If you have some other place to be then fuck off."

The girl sighed and apologised, turning all the attention back to me. "This is your final chance Eloise. Be a good girl and give me it."

"No!" I screamed.

Alice laughed. "Then it looks like I have no other choice. Violet, I give you the honour."

I looked to my left but the girl was no longer standing there. And then I caught a glimpse of something swinging to my right.

***

"Oh baby, you're alive!" I heard. I tried to open my eyes and could make out two figures standing over me. Everywhere was bright so I closed them again, and then a few seconds later opened them again. To my surprise it was my mom.

"M-m- mom??" I stuttered. I could see clearly now, but was still quite unsure. My head was throbbing and everywhere seemed to hurt.

"Darling everything is ok. I'm here." She spoke softly and pulled me into a hug. I would've hugged her back but I was too weak.

I heard the door open and to my surprise my mom's latest boyfriend Greg was there.

Ever since my mom and dad spilt up she had many boyfriends. I disliked most of them, but many of them were gone in a week or two anyway.

However my mom had been dating Greg for 2 months now. He's not like the others at all, and I quite liked him.

He was caring, generous, and I guess not that bad looking for a guy of his age either.

"You alright?" He stepped next to my mom and they both exchanged worried looks.

"Uh..."

"Greg.. Could you give me and Eloise a minute?" My mom whispered.

"Sure." He shrugged, before exiting the hospital room. Before leaving he popped his head around the door.

"Want me to get you a soda? Or a coffee? Anything you like?"

I smiled, "I'll have a soda please."

He nodded and closed the door.

My mom stood up and sniffled, "Who was it this time?" She whispered.

I shook my head and tears escaped my eyes. "It doesn't matter mom. I can't take it anymore."

My mom pulled me into another hug and I realised she was crying too.

"And you won't take it anymore." She nodded.

I just stared at her blankly.

"What do you mean?"

She sighed, "I gave your father a call last night."

What had he got to do with any of this? I hadn't seen him in 6 years after my mom caught him cheating. Now he was somewhere in London, probably doing fuck all as usual.

I squinted my eyes in confusion, "And..?"

"And you'll be moving in with him next week. I can't take this anymore Eloise, and neither can you. It's for the be-"

"You're joking right?!" I cried in horror. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"No I'm not joking. This is serious, these bullies have been messing with you all your life. The school won't do anything and you know they won't! I'm not having you put up with this any longer."

I couldn't believe this. The bullying had gone on long enough now for me to be used to it, so what was the point?

"After everything dad did to you? Now you want me to live with him...in London?!"

"Just until graduation."

"That's like a year and a half away!"

My mom just shook her head in disbelief and reached for handle of the door.

"I'm doing this for your sake Eloise."

"Please don't do this mom." I wiped the tears away but she paid no attention.

"When you're in a fit condition to come home get a cab."

"But.. Why mom?" I wiped my eyes on a tissue she had passed me.

She didn't reply, only stared at the marble floor of the hospital room.

"I-I don't have any money?" I rubbed my face again.

They must've taken my god damn wallet.

"Here." She handed me a twenty dollar bill.

"Mom.. Please..."

She reached for the handle yet again,

"I'm sorry El, I should've done this long ago."

And then she was gone.

Lmao, hey. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter.. It's my first ever book :)

Unedited.