Chapter 14: This Can't Be Happening.... Again.

Aspen woke up from the slam of the front door. She looked around in fear it was Wes leaving but he was sound asleep curled around her. Trying not to wake him she lifted his arm up and slid off the couch, dressed quickly and ran upstairs to see who was there. At first she thought she might have just imagined it until she heard rustling in her parents room. As Aspen pushed opened the door she saw two open suitcases and her father throwing all of his belongings into them. 

"D-d-addy?" she could barely speak. 

Her father froze, how was he suppose to tell her this time that he's letting her down. He turned around and saw the tears already rolling down his beautiful daughter's face, he took a big breath and moved towards her. 

"Please. Please, don't do this." she cried.

"Baby girl." he choked. "I don't have a choice this time. Your mother has been cheating on me and I can't do this anymore."

Aspen fell to her knees unable to stop crying. "Then why isn't she the one leaving? You can't do this to me. You promised you would never leave me."

Her father zipped up his last suit case and started moving towards the door. When Aspen refused to move he set his belongings beside the door and picked her up, moving her to the bed. He quickly moved back to his bags and disappeared down the steps. Aspen jumped up and jumped down the steps yelling as he was walking out the door. 

"YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE WITH THAT BITCH AGAIN. YOU FUCKING PROMISED THAT YOU WOULD NEVER LEAVE ME."

He glanced at his daughter one last time before shutting the door and leaving.

Aspen hit the foyer floor screaming at her father to come back but she knew he was gone. Wes raced into the foyer trying to figure out what just happened. He sat down beside Aspen and rubbed her back as she just sat there crying. 

----

Later that day Aspen's mom and sister returned. Both of there eyes swollen from crying, her mother's searching for sympathy when Aspen stared at her. 

"Come here Jor." was the only thing she said. Aspen swooped Jordyn into her arms and took her upstairs to her room. When she walked in Wes got up and said he was going to go but Aspen begged him to stay. 

"I can't do this without you Wes. I need you now more than anything." Aspen paused before looking at Jordyn, she can't believe she was getting ready to do this to her sister. "Jordyn... I'm going to go stay at Wesley's for awhile. I'll be back soon, but until then you can call or text me whenever. I love you so much Jordyn." Aspen let go of her sister and stepped back to open her closet and grabbed her bags. 

"Aspen... take me with you. I can't be here alone with her." Jordyn begged. 

"Why, what happened between you two?"

"Mom's been sleeping with my coach. That's why I've been getting into all the big competition's lately."

Aspen's jaw hit the ground. "You're kidding right... No wonder dad left her." She sat there thinking about it but what would she do with Jordyn during the day? Jordyn's been home-schooled her whole life because of her gymnastics career. It's way too late to enroll her into public school, school's out in two months. She looked at Wes for any help but he just shrugged his shoulders. Just as Aspen was getting ready to speak her mom barged in.

"And where the hell do you think you're going?" Aspen could smell the alcohol from across the room. Her mom started walking towards her and she pushed Jordyn behind her towards Wes. Just as Aspen turned around her mother smacked her across the face. 

"Unpack those bags you little worthless bitch, you're not going anywhere."

Wes grabbed Aspen to keep her from falling. She could feel the welt forming on her face and the anger boiling in her blood.