Chapter 4: Player

The weekend was over and time to return to school. Aspen walked through the large double doors and headed straight for her locker. She threw her binder in and grabbed her Chemistry book before shutting the door and seeing Wesley standing there.

"Aspen."

Aspen looked at him and walked to Chemistry. She took her seat at the lab table waiting for Ariel to get there. Right as Ariel sat down beside her, Wesley took the other seat at the table. Both girls looked at him before starting their own conversation.

"How was your weekend?" Aspen ask Ariel.

"Boring! I wanted to go to Tanner's party but work called me in and then I had to work again Saturday and did homework all day Sunday. How was your weekend?" Ariel asked, seeing Wesley lean in closer to listen.

"It was ok. Made the volleyball team. Went to Tanner's party where every guy was a douchebag. Saturday I helped my dad out at the fields and then went surfing with some of Tanner's friends. Once again the guys being douchebags. Oh not to mention I had a fight with my ex cause he slept with my best friend and then some jerk decided it was ok to come and throw rocks at my window, while trying to apologize for his actions. You could say it was an eventful weekend that I'm glad is over." Aspen said peaking over her shoulder.

"Attention class! Today we'll be working with chemicals, so if you would grab goggles,aprons,and gloves we will get started!" Their teacher said.

Aspen rose from the table and went to grab the items their teacher said they needed when Wesley grabbed her wrist.

"Do you really think I'm a douchebag?" He asked

"I didn't want to believe Tanner when she told me you were a player but after this weekend, yea Wes I do think your one." Aspen yanked her arm away and went back to the table to get ready.

The bell signaled for the students to switch class. Aspen headed back to her locker and grabbed her binder and pre-calculus book. When she entered class she saw Wesley sitting at the desk beside hers. She rolled her eyes and took her seat. Aspen began looking over her notes before the teacher walked in.

"Clear your desks." Mr. Smith said

Aspen received her test and had a mini anxiety attack before realizing she had this. Aspen went problem by problem answering each question. She looked at the clock and their was only 10 minutes left till class was over. Aspen looked over her paper once more before getting up and handing it in. Her teacher smiled and started grading her test. When the bell rang Aspen darted for her locker and then to lunch. She got a salad and a bottle of water. Aspen looked over the room of people and saw Keaton sitting by himself.

"Keaton!" Aspen said taking a seat across from him.

"Hey Aspen! I didn't know you had this lunch." He said

"Yeah, my lunches got switched around. How's your day been?" Aspen asked picking at her salad.

"Boring. I'm ready for math class."

Aspen a head popped up and looked confused.

"You actually like math class? Weirdo!!" She said

"It's the only class I like. I'm really good at math. I usually do Wes' math homework." He smiled

"Haha yea lets not mention your brother. But next time I have a math test can you help me study for it?" Aspen asked

"Sure! And what's up with you and Wes? He was checking his phone every five minutes after you left  the party and then all day Sunday."

"I'm really not in the mood Keaton. Your brother is player and I'm not into those kind of guys." Aspen shrugged off the thought of Landon and finished eating.