"Juice"

"Okay," she smiled as she ruffled his black hair and stood u

."You want me to get it?" James offered.

"No, it's okay, I'll get it."James nodded as he lifted Harry into his arms.

"Well, then it looks like me and you get to play while Mummy get you some juice.

"Lily smiled to herself as she headed out of the living room, into the hall, through the dining room and into the kitchen. She reached into the refrigerator, and grabbed one of Harry's sippy cups that already had some apple juice in it. As she walked through the dining room again, she glanced out of the large bay window that overlooked the front yard. Lily noticed a cloaked figure, hood pulled up, steadily coming closer to their house

. "James..."

"Yeah, Lil?"

"Can you come in here?" there was fear etched in her voice.

"What's up?" He was carrying Harry, who was leaning his head on his father's shoulder.

"Peter wasn't suppose to come by tonight, right?" she asked, gesturing to the figure that was approaching.

"No, and besides, that guy's too tall to be Peter,"

"What about Sirius?"

"I don't think so..." he sounded as worried as she felt; a steady panic was rising in her stomach.The hooded figure raised its head slightly and Lily's heart seemed to stop beating. His scarlet eyes burned in the dark night; his mouth conformed into an evil sneer - Lord Voldemort had found them. Before either of them could react, Voldemort raised his wand high. Even from this distance, Lily and James hear the spell he cast.

"Morsmordre!" The Dark Lord called into the night as something vast, green, and glittering erupted from his wand. Even though they never saw it, James and Lily knew that the Dark Mark had just been sent over their home. In a blinding state of terror, Lily dropped Harry's cup without ever realizing it. She whipped around to face James - but before she could speak, James was handing Harry to her, saying,

"Lily, take Harry and go! It's him! Go! I'll hold him off - ""

I can't just leave you - "

"The important thing is that Harry is safe." James said as he kissed the top of his son's head.

"I love you,"

"I love you, too," she whispered as tears fell down her cheeks.

Before she could say anything else, a spell with massive force blew down the door and a cold, high-pitched laughter filled the house. James nearly pushed Lily, who was clutching a screaming Harry to her, from the room. Nearly frozen, Lily listened as her husband tried to fend off the most feared wizard of all time.

Where am I suppose to go?, she thought. Dumbledore - we'll be safe there until James can escape. But how was she to get all the way to Hogwarts?Floo Powder.

Quickly, Lily scrambled towards the stairs - their only fireplace that was still connected to the Floo Network was the one in the upstairs den. Millions of thoughts ran through Lily's panicked mind. James is right - we have to keep Harry safe. Am I ever going to see James again? I love him so much, how could I go on without him? Peter. If I ever see that guy again I am going to rip him limb from limb with my own two hands!

How could he do this to us? How could he - of all people - be the spy???Finally, the upstairs den was in sight. But as she crossed the door way, she heard Voldemort scream

"Avada Kedavra!" She froze as she heard a crash from down stairs. Lily swayed and thought she would pass out. She tuned out everything, including the screaming infant in her arms. No, he can't be. This isn't happening. James can't be dead.